Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality
Feb 20, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #586 of 655
  The only thing that prevents me from buying this phone is the headphones output. People are saying it's very quiet. I currently have iPhone5 and it's pretty loud. However I also read that there is a fix. But nobody commented if the fix affects the audio quality in a negative way.

Can I get some info on this please because this phone seems to have everything I need except the headphone volume.

volume output through headphones is a bit low if you use high impedance headphones. But the interesting thing is that on the marshmallow concept rom it is increased significantly. I don't know if that will come in the official update.
And honestly the volume on other roms, isn't that low. for me it's the perfect upper limit I would like to go. unless you really listen at very loud volumes.

Feb 21, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #588 of 655
In my opnion the sq of the Z3 is quite good but the volume regulations in EU is making it unusable with a lot of headphones and even some IEM's and earbuds. Unfortunately the 3.5mm jack broke on mine after about 7 months and it was not easily repaired so I had to buy a new phone (needles to say I didn't get a new Sony).

Feb 21, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #589 of 655
Drives my Focals 32 ohm and HD25, 70ohm but highly efficient, surprisingly well. Needs about 75% volume. No complaints.

Little real improvement in sound just extra volume and a different, not necessarily better, warmer sound using Teac Dac/amp. Use that for 250 ohm Beyers.

Mar 1, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #590 of 655

volume output through headphones is a bit low if you use high impedance headphones. But the interesting thing is that on the marshmallow concept rom it is increased significantly. I don't know if that will come in the official update.
And honestly the volume on other roms, isn't that low. for me it's the perfect upper limit I would like to go. unless you really listen at very loud volumes.

Source please.

Mar 4, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #592 of 655

source for what? marshmallow Rom?

No, source for the information that marshmallow is louder. Louder through speakers or headphones (or both)?

I got the phone however, and I'm very happy with it, the more I listen to music the more I notice a difference (I'm coming from iPhone 5). It's a little bit (just a little bit) quieter than the iphone 5 but so is the M8 (I made a direct comparison). I have absolutely no idea why some people are calling this phone "quiet" it definitely isn't.

I've yet to test FLAC though, I have two albums to try out, Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and Slayer's Reign In Blood.

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #595 of 655

Bit in bold - I've just flashed the Concept ROM on my Z3 as mine was starting to lag on the stock ROM, and I can vouch for this, the sound output through the headphones is now CONSIDERABLY higher than before. I am very pleased. It's given the phone a new lease of life as overall it runs quicker too and is as close as you'll get to a Nexus'd Z3!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back