Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality
Jun 3, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #376 of 655

Interesting. I actually found that the bass was a bit understated on sennheiser. I usually kick up the clear bass one notch on the Sony EQ. The Audio-GD NFB-11 does have a larger soundstage than the Z3 though. Usually I am out and in windy conditions when listening to music on my phone, so I don't notice as much. 

I understand your thoughts because before listening to the Z3, I've read these opinions about the bass somewhere as well, so it kind of took me by surprise...
It might have to do with the way I'm adjusted to listening because my all day player is a Tera player which is not bass heavy in any way.
Added the fact that luckily we are not all the same, makes this place rather interesting every now and then indeed :)

Jun 7, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #377 of 655
Does anyone know how I turn off the message popping up about the memory being 75% full and wanting me to move stuff to tye SD card?

I think I'm about to give up on this phone, too many bugs and weak solutions for my taste.

Jun 8, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #378 of 655
Well, shi*t. Here's a useful piece of information for you guys: THE Z3 IS NOT WATERPROOF.

I was using mine in a swimming pool, and now the screen is dead and device won't start. I've tried putting it into uncooked rice but it still is not working.

Let's hope Sony offers replacements for situations like these.

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #379 of 655
Well, shi*t. Here's a useful piece of information for you guys: THE Z3 IS NOT WATERPROOF.

I was using mine in a swimming pool, and now the screen is dead and device won't start. I've tried putting it into uncooked rice but it still is not working.

Let's hope Sony offers replacements for situations like these.

Lol ? I hear it t is waterproof in only 1 meter depth or so....it is a tricky business when u read into it. But if it was Sony fault advertisement, they will replace it

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #380 of 655
Lol ? I hear it t is waterproof in only 1 meter depth or so....it is a tricky business when u read into it. But if it was Sony fault advertisement, they will replace it

The phone wasn't even half a meter in there. I've also read (and saw) numerous situations similar to mine. 

Jun 10, 2015 at 1:41 AM Post #382 of 655
Would the Z3 have problems driving my UM3X headphones? (50~ ohms impedance I think).

Without having tried and if they're indeed 50 Ohms my guess is it will not work very well. The power output is really weak on this one and everything over ~30 Ohms seem to be enough to cause it to struggle.

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #383 of 655
Hi there, first post here!

I also have been enjoying my Z3 for 6 months now, until a good deal on the walkman ZX2 came. For now the Z3 I mainly use for casual Spotify listening, and the ZX2 when I am hibernating :)

Cheers all.

Jun 15, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #384 of 655
The connection on my Xperia Z3V is weak as it sometimes cuts in and out when my headphone jack moves around. 

I would like to ask if you guys have/had the same problem. I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon and I'm not exactly too keen on using this as my daily driver if this keeps happening.

EDIT: I have contacted Sony Mobile support and am awaiting a reply.

EDIT 2: Sony has given me a not very satisfying response: Buy an adapter or talk to Verizon Wireless. 

Jun 21, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #386 of 655
Hello i am new to this group . i have Iphone 5S 64Gb and found Good audio Quality i also bought Fiio X1 and found very good audio detail with my Hifiman Re-400I headphones. but difficult to carry both on same time. i heard a lot about this Z3C audio Quality is that worth audio and Similar to Fiio X1 ?? or Iphones 5s? i can sale both and buy the Xperia Z3C Please guys compare the quality and advise if this would my correct decision ? or should i wait for Z3+ compact or Z4 Music with S-master ? 

Thanks in advance  

Jul 8, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #387 of 655
Hello i am new to this group . i have Iphone 5S 64Gb and found Good audio Quality i also bought Fiio X1 and found very good audio detail with my Hifiman Re-400I headphones. but difficult to carry both on same time. i heard a lot about this Z3C audio Quality is that worth audio and Similar to Fiio X1 ?? or Iphones 5s? i can sale both and buy the Xperia Z3C Please guys compare the quality and advise if this would my correct decision ? or should i wait for Z3+ compact or Z4 Music with S-master ? 

Thanks in advance  

After having spent nearly a month with the M9, I sold it to re-purchase the Z3, even if the M9 seems to sound clearer, I still prefer the output from the Z3, I gave the Z3C a try and honestly there's more bass but less details, FYI I also own an iphone 6 with has a wider soundstage but not by a mile, I would suggest that you go for the full size Z3 if the size is not an issue but in your case you'll be happy with the Z3C too ! Close your eyes and buy it, no regrets :wink:

However I suggest that you stack a little Fiio E11k on it coz Sony smartphones are not powerful enough to drive most cans but should be ok with iems of 16 ohms and under

Jul 11, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #388 of 655
Exactly, many people have not believe what I mentioned about the Z3. There is something that make it very good. Unfortunately my Z3 broke after 3 months of uses due to itself moving and cracked the screen....now I am stuck with the Note 4 Exynos, even though it has Wolfson DAC, but it sounds like crap.....

Out of all of the smartphone now, the Z3 sounds most natural and detailed, aside from narrow stage, and less boomy bass, but it is definitely one of the good audio playback smartphone out there.

Also, if you ever wondered, Note 4 with SnapDragon sounds better than Exynos, but Exynos run faster on the interface.

I hear Z3s is not as good as Z3, which I will believe, and I am not moving for another smartphone, unless Sony came out with that Z4 Music as rumor stated....otherwise a smartphone is a smartphone.

From my composed theory, the circuitry on the Note 4 Exynos to Wolfson DAC is not efficient enough, and of bad soldering quality, where as the Snap Dragon has it own DAC and designed by Qualcomm itself as of which resulted in a more efficient analog conversions.

Jul 13, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #389 of 655
Exactly, many people have not believe what I mentioned about the Z3. There is something that make it very good. Unfortunately my Z3 broke after 3 months of uses due to itself moving and cracked the screen....now I am stuck with the Note 4 Exynos, even though it has Wolfson DAC, but it sounds like crap.....

Out of all of the smartphone now, the Z3 sounds most natural and detailed, aside from narrow stage, and less boomy bass, but it is definitely one of the good audio playback smartphone out there.

Also, if you ever wondered, Note 4 with SnapDragon sounds better than Exynos, but Exynos run faster on the interface.

I hear Z3s is not as good as Z3, which I will believe, and I am not moving for another smartphone, unless Sony came out with that Z4 Music as rumor stated....otherwise a smartphone is a smartphone.

From my composed theory, the circuitry on the Note 4 Exynos to Wolfson DAC is not efficient enough, and of bad soldering quality, where as the Snap Dragon has it own DAC and designed by Qualcomm itself as of which resulted in a more efficient analog conversions.

I agree with that ! My wife has a Galaxy S6 with the latest and supposed best mobile Wolfson chip available but unfortunately it's not up to my needs, AFAIK even the LG G3 seemed to sound better unamped and compared to my Z3 it just win on the power output but lose on everything else.

Now regarding the Z3+, a friend just bought it and let me played with it. My conclusion is that the Z3+ is way louder than Z3 with about 30% more power but everything else seems to be worse than the 2014 flagship, it has less details and sound more like an updated Z2 or a Samsung S4 Exynos which was pretty " ok" for my needs but not prefect for a flawless audiophile experience. As the Z3+ is the European Z4 so I have doubts about improvements in dac and amp modules

Jul 13, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #390 of 655
I've gotten an LG G4 and compared to my now-not-working-Z3, the sound is much worse. Z3 had better imaging, detail, and overall clarity. Disappointed in the G4's SQ to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back