Sony Xperia Z3+ announced.
Jun 20, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #3 of 30
I just hope they allowed more than the pitiful 300mV headphone output of its predecessors.  Even outside Europe where the output has to be limited.

I want to hear the high quality audio on decent headphones for a change.

Jun 20, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #4 of 30
I have right now Sony Xperia Z3+ dual ,and it is really beautiful ,fantastic with audiophile sound quality,playing Hi-Res audio. I am happy to have as a smart phone as well as dedicated  music player . I pair the Z3+ with JVC FX-850 and it is truly amazing.

Jun 21, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #7 of 30
I have right now Sony Xperia Z3+ dual ,and it is really beautiful ,fantastic with audiophile sound quality,playing Hi-Res audio. I am happy to have as a smart phone as well as dedicated  music player . I pair the Z3+ with JVC FX-850 and it is truly amazing.

I'm quite divided as gsmarena's review shows the the Z3+ SQ is not worthy of a flagship but way louder than its predecessor, however I owned the Z3 and the SQ was good enough to my taste except the very limited power output, somehow the Z3 did passed the audiophile test on the same website. Conclusion: the Z3+ SQ is really worst than Z3???

Jun 23, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #8 of 30
It seems that Sony is restricting the headphone output on all their phones to only 0.3Vrms. This probably starts with the EU policy of limiting the output and they decided to make it worldwide.

Maybe they want the audiophiles with less sensitive headphones to buy their walkmans, or they are afraid of getting sued for hearing loss.

I hope I'm wrong, and the Z3+ has a decent output level for a change. My Z2 is slightly under powered for my PM-3s on quieter tracks.

Jun 27, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #12 of 30
Oh it sounded good, but too quiet in my oppo pm-3. If you have much more efficient headphones you should be fine.

Unfortunately the PM-3 are not particularly inefficient

Sony made a whole statement about sound quality in its devices, but seems to fail delivering the needed power output to please most audiophiles out there. Somehow, those using extra sensitive iems such as Shure SE846 won't complain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back