Sony Xperia 1 Impression Thread
Jul 24, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #77 of 367
Seems the UAPP added HiRes support on this device in their latest update log

Jul 24, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #80 of 367
It's not easy to compare. Tidal native app applies volume normalization so it's really hard to do a true A/B comparison. But I can tell you that I am happy with the combo Sony Z1R IEMs and Xperia.
I like UAPP due to consistency and consolidation with SMB and Tidal and I still use my Lotoo Paw S1 USB DAC.

Jul 24, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #81 of 367
It's not easy to compare. Tidal native app applies volume normalization so it's really hard to do a true A/B comparison. But I can tell you that I am happy with the combo Sony Z1R IEMs and Xperia.
I like UAPP due to consistency and consolidation with SMB and Tidal and I still use my Lotoo Paw S1 USB DAC.

On LGv60, the anything other than UAPP has background his and significant loss of dynamics due to resampling. You don't experience that with the X2?

Jul 24, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #82 of 367
On LGv60, the anything other than UAPP has background his and significant loss of dynamics due to resampling. You don't experience that with the X2?
No, not with Blon BL03 or Sony Z1R. Sony actually advertised low SNR and there is usually correlation between background noise and SNR. And please, when you make these statements also include headphones/iems you use.

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #83 of 367
No, not with Blon BL03 or Sony Z1R. Sony actually advertised low SNR and there is usually correlation between background noise and SNR. And please, when you make these statements also include headphones/iems you use.
Westone ES60 which is very sensitive. It's in my sig.

Jul 25, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #84 of 367
Juan did the measurements, nowhere near LG V-series in terms of power.
I am waiting for my new V60 to arrive soon (used, locked device just for DAP purposes from eBay) and I will do non-scientific side-by-side comparison with Xperia 1ii soon.
YEah a BGGAR mostly only do IEM, so does most people for portable use, so I don’t really care much for the extra driving power.

Jul 27, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #85 of 367
I ordered the Xperia 1ii and hopefully receive it tomorrow.
Coming from a LG V30, I hope that Sony won't disappoint with their implementation via headphone jack.
Why bother adding it if it doesn't bring an improvement over the bluetooth counterpart?
Wished that LDAC was included.
I'm no audiophile by any means, but do really enjoy my audio.

If any news regarding the results of the quality of the audio from the Xperia 1ii will be greatly appreciated.

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #87 of 367
I ordered the Xperia 1ii and hopefully receive it tomorrow.
Coming from a LG V30, I hope that Sony won't disappoint with their implementation via headphone jack.
Why bother adding it if it doesn't bring an improvement over the bluetooth counterpart?
Wished that LDAC was included.
I'm no audiophile by any means, but do really enjoy my audio.

If any news regarding the results of the quality of the audio from the Xperia 1ii will be greatly appreciated.
Because H/O isnt just for headphone use.
the Xperia 1 mk2 is also the base for Xperia Pro, which prob need both the H/O for Microphone and HDMI IN for Monitoring use.

Jul 27, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #88 of 367
Because H/O isnt just for headphone use.
the Xperia 1 mk2 is also the base for Xperia Pro, which prob need both the H/O for Microphone and HDMI IN for Monitoring use.

That's understandable, but hopefully Sony is not just having the H/O geared towards the Xperia Pro's usage, but also gives the Xperia 1ii a good reason for it too.
It will be a shame if they didn't.

Aug 6, 2020 at 6:41 AM Post #90 of 367

Posting it here for the Sony lover, it’s probably gonna be about the WH1000xm4 And their 360• Audio thing, but who knows, maybe there’s another Signature series member for 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back