Sony Xperia 1 Impression Thread
Aug 7, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #91 of 367
can't imagine they make anything better then IER Z1R!
An only a better option could be a better shell and fit

Aug 7, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #92 of 367
I noticed on my new Xperia 1 ii that the earspeaker is louder than the bottom one, is that normal? It happens regardless the songs, or if I listen on YouTube, Sony Music or Sony music center. The loudspeaker is bigger than the top one, so I assume should sound louder, even though the top firing speaker has more treble and the bottom one is more like a kind of a woofer. Is something wrong with my unit?

Aug 7, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #93 of 367
I noticed on my new Xperia 1 ii that the earspeaker is louder than the bottom one, is that normal? It happens regardless the songs, or if I listen on YouTube, Sony Music or Sony music center. The loudspeaker is bigger than the top one, so I assume should sound louder, even though the top firing speaker has more treble and the bottom one is more like a kind of a woofer. Is something wrong with my unit?
tell us how is the sound what IEMs you have pls

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #94 of 367
he was talking about the front firing speakers built with the phone, not of any particular IEM.
Im not sure how the Xperia 1 handle it, but my XZ premium, which has 2 front firing speaker as well, also exhibit this characteristic, on particular content, mostly games etc, while on movies(ie vlc) or youtube I dont find them to do this thing, as directionality is still pretty apparent with the content, as in if a car whiz in front of the camera super fast from left to the right, the speaker would represent that well

maybe check your settings on the Dolby Sound enhancement and play around with more content?

Just remember with the stereo speaker that, it is built to be watched on landscape with the configuration that the buttons (volume, on/off, camera) to be on the top side of the phone,
if you watch it on landscape with them on the bottom, the L/R stereo sound wont switch side to accomodate for it.
just a heads up if you wonder why sound come out from the right when the speaker is clearly speaking from the left side of the screen.

Aug 21, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #96 of 367
Justin looking at the thumbnail, it seems to be focused on mostly DSEE Ultimate?
Will watch later, hopefully YouTube auto translate is doing good

Aug 25, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #97 of 367
Wrong thread post.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #99 of 367
I read this thread but I didn’t find any conclusion. Is the Sony good or not with the audio? I have now an LG v50 but I’m not happy with it. Yes the audio is good (unless you didn’t use the Bluetooth.... and that’s a limitation for today standards), but the rest of the phone is average. I’m thinking about the Sony Xperia 5 is, but I never listen to a Sony smartphone so I don’t know about audio quality. Especially I need volume, because I’m a runner, so I need power while I’m listening to my music.

Oct 16, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #101 of 367
if you're running really you're wasting your time fiddling and risking faster deterioration on any expensive IEM cables with sweat. and while doing it you won't even be able to hear the detail, increased dynamics, placements, etc over the sound environment and your own body makes when doing repetitive strenuous activities.
really TWS is where its at for that.

Oct 16, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #102 of 367
My problem is that every TWS that I tried (a lot in the rage of price 20-70 dollars) sounds really low on volume, and I really need power while I’m running. I don’t know if the problem is the phone of the TWS. Maybe the problem is that I listen a lot of old music that isn’t remastered so the files are more quiet than the today’s standard but with the soundmagic everything listen good.

Oct 16, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #103 of 367
I wonder, whether most of those tws you've tried just have 2 volume controls and you just happen to max the one on your phone?
I really cant imagine to have many song so quiet they dont get to sound as they should be on cabled in ears. hve you tried using them to listen to normal content? like YouTube videos, too 100 tracks, etc, if they are still quiet, there, soething is wrong with the settings.
really those TWS are designed to be at least as a cabled IEM powered by average to above average Headphone Out, they Will get loud, enough to be dangerous to your hearing if not careful.

Oct 20, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #104 of 367
I've had an Xperia 1II since July and have been sticking with the Dolby Atmos setting enabled. However, even with its help the volume is weirdly balanced; requiring max or near max volume when using headphones. I've tried with easy-to-drive headphones too: Philip's SHP9500 and a pair of AT M50x headphones. I even plugged up a pair of Sundaras and the volume is just so low. There was an article I read that Sony had purposely undervolted the headphone jack on this phone in order to meet some European standard (I live in the US). I don't know the audio science behind any of it, and I can't find the article as it's a needle in a haystack of "It has a headphone jack." articles.

That being said, love this phone. The speakers have excellent sound when using Dolby Atmos, so watching videos is very enjoyable. I have a pair of WH1000-XM3 headphones from the Xperia 1 pre-order deal, and they sound amazing over Bluetooth thanks to the LDAC. Again, however, when plugging them in the volume levels take a massive hit. I'd describe it as impossible-to-hear, then quiet, then low volume, and the last few ticks of volume give you levels you'd actually want to listen to music with.

Oct 20, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #105 of 367
thats unusual, sure i don't have the Xperia 1 II, but my XZ premium, which is basically one of the last Sony flagship that has H/O before they nixed it on XZ2, i think the output power is just fine, and mine is bought from Germany. I need to check back but driving M70x is just fine for me, its only with my Z7 with velour pads, and my father's 400i that it does struggle a bit in volume.
Which IMO, is as expected from an average smartphone headphone output power.
only LG offers more power in smartphones H/O really, and i hope they keep at it with that. (the LG wing doesnt have H/O, hopefully its just becasue of its unique design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back