sony xe670 and ce775 sacd players--best price in usa?
Oct 25, 2002 at 9:58 AM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by kin3tix
yeah, i'm kinda wondering about that also..anybody??

I have both.

I find redbook on both pretty close, although the 775 takes a decent amount of time to burn in to get to that point. They're both a little bright, but not overly so. I've used the 775 much more than the 500 for SACD, and find that it does an amazing job with them compared to its redbook performance. Soundstage is much wider, individual instrument definition is much greater, and there is much greater overall presence.

For comparison sake, I use the 500 with a Corda HA-1, and the 775 with a vintage Marantz receiver driving the AKG K-1000s.

One thing about both that bugs me is that it takes a long time to "fast-forward" through a track. Sometimes, for example, I'll play a track that takes up an entire disk. If I don't listen all the way through in one setting, and want to get back to that point later, it takes a LONG time to do so. The one advantage that the 500 has is a "Resume" feature, which remembers the point at which you stopped playing a particular track. This is useless, though, if you turn the unit off and back on again.

Oct 25, 2002 at 10:36 AM Post #17 of 17
awesome, thanx frank!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back