Sony XBA-N3AP and XBA-N1AP — Impressions thread
Mar 4, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #1,651 of 2,298
So I just picked up a pair of N3APs used, but haven't received them yet. I'm curious though, so I'll ask; can these be worn over ear? I have a few MMCX cables that I use over ear with my Tin T4s, but I'm curious if the design of the N3s prohibit this?
I wear them always even with upgraded cable over the ear, as it will fall specially while walking.

Mar 9, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #1,653 of 2,298
Received my pair of N3s today, and really starting to love the sound already. The bass is essentially how I usually EQ, and the detail is wonderful.

Only thing is I'm struggling a bit with the fit. What kind of tips do you guys use? I currently use one medium and one small from the ones they come with, but I don't feel like the fit is 100% with these tips.. I also tried to fit the foam tips from my Tin T4s, but they are too wide for the nozzle and got stuck in my ear. Any ideas?

Mar 28, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #1,655 of 2,298
Received my pair of N3s today, and really starting to love the sound already. The bass is essentially how I usually EQ, and the detail is wonderful.

Only thing is I'm struggling a bit with the fit. What kind of tips do you guys use? I currently use one medium and one small from the ones they come with, but I don't feel like the fit is 100% with these tips.. I also tried to fit the foam tips from my Tin T4s, but they are too wide for the nozzle and got stuck in my ear. Any ideas?
Try JVC Spiral Dots. They are my to-go tips for the N3. I tried a lot of others tips, but the Spiral Dots and their wide aperture tame a bit the bass (very slightly), but opens all the rest, in a good way. Enjoy the N3, fantastic IEM, at any price level

Mar 28, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #1,656 of 2,298
What's the best place to get the N3 in Europe? I saw them below 190€ at Amazon last year but now everywhere I see them, price is above 220€...

Mar 31, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #1,657 of 2,298
I've never tried them over ear.. What hook cable works well for this? I think the FiiO over ear cables have a pretty secure fit.

I can confirm FiiO LC-3.5B works wonders with N3. I've been searching for over-ear, L-shaped MMCX connector, L-shaped TRS connector cable for quite a while (albeit not looking very hard). This cable retains the shape of its over-ear hook well while being flexible in other part. The connection is secure and tight, even tighter than Sony's stock cable. Most importantly, it reduces microphonics tremendously compared to the straight stock cable, which was my single biggest grief with this IEM. Now the microphonics is no longer noticeable.

I noticed no deterioration of SQ compared to stock, too.

Recommended.

DSC_4149.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #1,658 of 2,298
I can confirm FiiO LC-3.5B works wonders with N3. I've been searching for over-ear, L-shaped MMCX connector, L-shaped TRS connector cable for quite a while (albeit not looking very hard). This cable retains the shape of its over-ear hook well while being flexible in other part. The connection is secure and tight, even tighter than Sony's stock cable. Most importantly, it reduces microphonics tremendously compared to the straight stock cable, which was my single biggest grief with this IEM. Now the microphonics is no longer noticeable.

Recommended.

Thanks for sharing - I love the sound but struggle to find a solid fit regardless of tips (the reason I had to ditch the XBA-Z5).

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #1,659 of 2,298
Hi all, I have the XBA-N1AP and the cable is starting to give out at the connector. Whats a decent replacement cable with microphone? I'm not too serious of an audio listener (don't use an amp) so it doesn't need to crazy quality and high price. Just something decent. I'm UK based too. Thanks!

Apr 10, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #1,660 of 2,298

Recommended.

I didn't use any Fiio MMCX connectors anymore, They're too tight.
Far too tight and break my XBA-N3 MMCX connectors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back