Sony XBA-N3AP and XBA-N1AP — Impressions thread
Jan 23, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #1,625 of 2,298
Can anyone learn me real quick on the eartips type I can use with my N3? This is my first decent IEM and just wanted to make sure I choose the right one.. I have pretty small ear canals I think. The comfort one that comes with the N3, in the smallest size seems just a bit big, but I get the best bass sound with these. The regular silicone ones that come with the N3, in the second smallest size seem to be ok aswell.

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #1,626 of 2,298
Can anyone learn me real quick on the eartips type I can use with my N3? This is my first decent IEM and just wanted to make sure I choose the right one.. I have pretty small ear canals I think. The comfort one that comes with the N3, in the smallest size seems just a bit big, but I get the best bass sound with these. The regular silicone ones that come with the N3, in the second smallest size seem to be ok aswell.
I use the Ortofon tips ưhich is super comfortable :3

Jan 23, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #1,627 of 2,298

Spiral Dots from JVC. Good choice in sizes.

Jan 23, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #1,628 of 2,298
Awesome, thanks so much! Adding to my spreadsheet, haha. Should there be any shortlisted for headphones that can pass in the gym? I know most of the sony flagship IEMs are a bit big, but was hopefully I can find something that sounds great in the gym and also on the go. I think the N1 might be in the right price range and size.

a bit late here, but I just wanted to say I wouldn't recommend the N3s for gym, running, etc. Imho they don't stay put well in the ear, they're a bit too big and heavy, and the cable pulls on them as well. I love them, but I bought another cheap pair especially for running (JBL endurance run), thex stay well in the ear and I don't need perfect music reproduction when doing sports.

Can you recommend a high quality & Sony compatible MMCX cable with volume control. Maybe that I can buy on eBay, Amazon Germany or Aliexpress? I couldn't find one that I liked.

did you find one? I'm also still looking for one. I want a basic, lightweight cable, but without volume control. The stock one is too heavy/rigid for me.

Jan 23, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #1,629 of 2,298
I also use Spiral Dots. I believe someone here said that they help keep the bass tight.

Jan 23, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #1,630 of 2,298
Great, thanks for the tip on the tip :dt880smile:!

For fit, I noticed that the N3 canal is pretty slim. This allows me to fit it a good way into my ear. I was wondering how I should try to get a seal with the earbud? Should I go with a smaller sized tip to seal inside the canal, or should the it sit outside the canal? I'm going from speakerphone type earbuds, so not sure best way to use the IEM.

Jan 23, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #1,631 of 2,298
Earsonics silicone mono-flange.
Keep the bass tight and bring the mids forward a little bit vs the stock ones.

Jan 23, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #1,632 of 2,298
Jan 23, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #1,633 of 2,298
I was able to easily workout while wearing the N3s. Just used the supplied clip to clip the cord to my shirts neck with a little bit of extra slack, this negates the pulling effect of the cord. Stayed put the whole workout, which was better than my experience with my earphone style earbuds, sennheisers momentum, and Chifi TRN I tried previously. I think with the narrow ear canal of the N3 you can get them pretty secure in your ear.

Jan 29, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #1,635 of 2,298
I just bought XBA-N3AP from a mate. Bloody love them. Have the sound signature I love. Are there any other Sony iems that take this sound but improve upon it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back