Sony XBA-N3AP and XBA-N1AP — Impressions thread
May 30, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #362 of 2,298
May 30, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #363 of 2,298
I have two question, one is the housing still made from plastic or magnesium like the Z5 also does any of the N1 or N3 icome with two cables like the A2 and A3 "casue the website say there is a cable included in the package, while all the unboxing videos doesnt show there is an extra cable"?

May 30, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #364 of 2,298
I have two question, one is the housing still made from plastic or magnesium like the Z5 also does any of the N1 or N3 icome with two cables like the A2 and A3 "casue the website say there is a cable included in the package, while all the unboxing videos doesnt show there is an extra cable"?

The N3 have brass/magnesium front end and nozzle vs plastic ones on the N1, the rear housing is still plastic though. They only comes with one cable (already attached) unlike the A3/Z5,

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #365 of 2,298
The N3 have brass/magnesium front end and nozzle vs plastic ones on the N1, the rear housing is still plastic though. They only comes with one cable (already attached) unlike the A3/Z5,

Looks like sony is not generous this time :D cause i remeber i got my A3 for less than 250 Dollars and now the N3 is for 350$ without extra cable! Do you think its a big upgrade in sound signature from A1 or A3 which i own both? i mean these are not cheap even the N1 and my only complain about A1 and A3 is the comfort, so i usually use A1 outdoors and A3 for listening sessions indoors attached to an AMP but i'm looking to replace both of them with only one headphone that i use all the time

May 30, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #366 of 2,298
Looks like sony is not generous this time :D cause i remeber i got my A3 for less than 250 Dollars and now the N3 is for 350$ without extra cable! Do you think its a big upgrade in sound signature from A1 or A3 which i own both? i mean these are not cheap even the N1 and my only complain about A1 and A3 is the comfort, so i usually use A1 outdoors and A3 for listening sessions indoors attached to an AMP but i'm looking to replace both of them with only one headphone that i use all the time

I got mine in Japan for 26500 yen. Cheaper than what I paid for the A3 1 1/2 year before (I think I paid 33500 then). Depending on where you're located, you can get it from Amazon Japan for US$271 and express shipping to US is about $10. or get it from AccessoryJack for US$280 free shipping

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #367 of 2,298
I got mine in Japan for 26500 yen. Cheaper than what I paid for the A3 1 1/2 year before (I think I paid 33500 then). Depending on where you're located, you can get it from Amazon Japan for US$271 and express shipping to US is about $10. or get it from AccessoryJack for US$280 free shipping

And if you excluded the improved comfort do you feel any sonic improvements that justify paying for it when you have the A3 like me?

May 30, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #368 of 2,298
And if you excluded the improved comfort do you feel any sonic improvements that justify paying for it when you have the A3 like me?

The bass response is a bit quicker but the A3 does have a bit more sparkle in mid/high. It's tossup. I mostly got it for the ease to wear. they are also a bit easier to drive than the A3 so that helps if you're not using an amp while on the go.

May 30, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #369 of 2,298
The bass response is a bit quicker but the A3 does have a bit more sparkle in mid/high. It's tossup. I mostly got it for the ease to wear. they are also a bit easier to drive than the A3 so that helps if you're not using an amp while on the go.

I might get the N1 and save the extra 100 dollars :expressionless:, i gonna use it with the SBH20 when outdoor which is almost all the day :sweat_smile: so i guess i won't be able to notice any difference between the N1 and N3 when both connected to the Sony SBH20 over bluetooth, What do you think?

May 30, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #371 of 2,298
N1 bass is muddy and the high are rough, it a fairly big downgrade from A3.

Guess what, these days my daily driver is Sennheiser HD1 in ear wireless or M2 in ear wireless in markets outside US, i have no idea how they managed to do this with a single driver but on a blind test i can barely notice a slight difference between it and the A3 and it sound way better than A1, so thats why i was thinking of the N1, i said well dual drivers should theoretically sound better than the old HD1 housing design without paying over 200$, I love Sony but i still don't know how Sennheiser made it :sweat_smile:

May 30, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #372 of 2,298
Guess what, these days my daily driver is Sennheiser HD1 in ear wireless or M2 in ear wireless in markets outside US, i have no idea how they managed to do this with a single driver but on a blind test i can barely notice a slight difference between it and the A3 and it sound way better than A1, so thats why i was thinking of the N1, i said well dual drivers should theoretically sound better than the old HD1 housing design without paying over 200$, I love Sony but i still don't know how Sennheiser made it :sweat_smile:

Guess it depends a lot on the file format, Most of my music are either 16 bit m4a or FLAC or 24/96 ripped from vinyl LPs and I can tell a noticeable difference between the N1 and N3. I had the N1 for a couple months then gave it to a friend.

May 30, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #373 of 2,298
I also went down a size with triple comfort tips, my initial impression wasnt great but for sure I will try them again.

Can i also say that n3 is absolutely brilliant at noise leak. It's actually ridiculous, I drive it at basshead levels, there is no leak.... ZERO ! Just do the test with your fingers ( block the tips )....... wow...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back