Sony XBA-N3AP and XBA-N1AP — Impressions thread
Aug 5, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #1,966 of 2,298
Can someone tell me how the fit is of these Sony's? For example my Final A4000 have short nozzles and I really have to put them far in my ears for a good seal. These Sony's are on my potential to buy list but not sure about the fit... Are the nozzles long enough to get a good seal

Aug 5, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #1,967 of 2,298
Can someone tell me how the fit is of these Sony's? For example my Final A4000 have short nozzles and I really have to put them far in my ears for a good seal. These Sony's are on my potential to buy list but not sure about the fit... Are the nozzles long enough to get a good seal
From my experience yes. They don't really need to go that deep to get a good seal, the drivers don't flex when trying to achieve a seal and the noise isolation is good enough to be used in an airplane. This is with the stock triple comfort tips.

Aug 6, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #1,968 of 2,298
From my experience yes. They don't really need to go that deep to get a good seal, the drivers don't flex when trying to achieve a seal and the noise isolation is good enough to be used in an airplane. This is with the stock triple comfort tips.
Yes, but they need to close your ear canal to get a good seal and somehow my ear canal lies a little deeper than average i suppose. Fiio FD5 for example have longer nozzles so i did not have this problem. But with the Campfire Honeydew and Final A4000 i do have a problem to get a tight fit. That's why i look at the etymotic ER2XR, Final E4000 and this Sony XBA N3, because of the shape i suppose i can go deeper than with other IEM's. I wish i could try these things here in the Netherlands but i have to buy them blind by amazon japan or something similar. And not sure if they don't fit or i don't like the sound if i can return them to amazon japan for example.

Aug 6, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #1,969 of 2,298
do anynone know the difference between

Sony XBA-N3AP
and
Sony XBA-N3

and does it make any difference where i buy the iem btw these stores?

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #1,970 of 2,298
Aug 6, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #1,971 of 2,298
do anynone know the difference between

Sony XBA-N3AP
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/XBA-N...01LWT2XXX/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
and
Sony XBA-N3
https://www.accessoryjack.com/products/sony-xba-n3ap-bass-sound-tube-in-ear-headphones-black

and does it make any difference where i buy the iem btw these stores?

They are the same. I bought mine from accessoryjack.
The IEMs are exactly the same, however the N3 comes with just a normal standard cable. The N3AP comes with a cable which has a stop/start button and a microphone for taking calls. The AP, in case you're wondering, stands for "Android Phone", but will work fine with iOS devices.

Aug 6, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #1,974 of 2,298
Yes, but they need to close your ear canal to get a good seal and somehow my ear canal lies a little deeper than average i suppose. Fiio FD5 for example have longer nozzles so i did not have this problem. But with the Campfire Honeydew and Final A4000 i do have a problem to get a tight fit. That's why i look at the etymotic ER2XR, Final E4000 and this Sony XBA N3, because of the shape i suppose i can go deeper than with other IEM's. I wish i could try these things here in the Netherlands but i have to buy them blind by amazon japan or something similar. And not sure if they don't fit or i don't like the sound if i can return them to amazon japan for example.

Yea i do realise i have rather small ears and short nozzles fit me just fine. When fitting them, I do realise that wearing ss tips will cause the main body to touch my ear once in a while and will need some readjusting, which made me switch to m tips. I’ve never tried the finals but I’ve tried the etys although er4 series but same housing dimensions and i think those will fit your ears better. I think technically they are better too, unless you’re really into guilty pleasure deep bass.

Aug 15, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #1,975 of 2,298
Yea i do realise i have rather small ears and short nozzles fit me just fine. When fitting them, I do realise that wearing ss tips will cause the main body to touch my ear once in a while and will need some readjusting, which made me switch to m tips. I’ve never tried the finals but I’ve tried the etys although er4 series but same housing dimensions and i think those will fit your ears better. I think technically they are better too, unless you’re really into guilty pleasure deep bass.
I actually like some extra bass especially while commuting that's why these Sony's took my interest😁
Still very tempting to order a set from amazon.jp but I am not familiar with their return policy. Can't find a lot on their site either. Has anyone ordered here before and returned their IEMs ?

Aug 29, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #1,976 of 2,298
I added Xba- n3 recently to my collection. This is more easy to drive than MDR-1AM2.

Bass is better than 1AM2 and MSR7B. Clarity and detail almost same.
Happy with the purchase.

Attachments

• AFABA5CA-7246-4585-A498-99B433DECCDE.jpeg
    AFABA5CA-7246-4585-A498-99B433DECCDE.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Sep 3, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #1,977 of 2,298
I recieved my comply ear bits and the difference is night and day, after the memory foam took shape I can barely feel that XBA-N3 in my ears anymore! The comfort is finally close to the one of my Klipsch x10! Isolation is also greatly increased compared to both the triple comfort and the JVS Spiral Dots bits. These ear bits are keepers!
Hello dear friend. Greetings from Portugal. I also bought recently the XBA-N3AP, and wish to get myself the JVC Spiral Dots to update them as well. Please, let me know which reference you bought to match your set and from where did you ordered them?
Best regards
João Diniz

Sep 4, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #1,978 of 2,298
just ordered n3 from amazon.jp :) I assume i dont need to buy a different cables or eartrips to get the optimal experience? my source will be from PC with Tube amps and DAC (jlabs) at home and laptop in university. Really excited for this since my last iem was used in 10 years and costed 80 usd,
ltLzFy6.png

Sep 4, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #1,979 of 2,298
just ordered n3 from amazon.jp :) I assume i dont need to buy a different cables or eartrips to get the optimal experience? my source will be from PC with Tube amps and DAC (jlabs) at home and laptop in university. Really excited for this since my last iem was used in 10 years and costed 80 usd

IMO the stock experience is pretty close to the optimal experience. The N3AP version had a poor quality cable but is ok to use until it fails.

Eartips really depend on your personal fit. You can get a slightly different (less bass, brighter) but not necessarily better tuning by using some wide bore tips, and some people prefer it. JVC Spiral dots are popular (though can slip off the nozzle) but other wide bore tips should have similar effect.

Tube amps may or may not be a good match depending on their output impedance and gain/volume control situation but it is always ok to just use your onboard audio or a small dongle.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #1,980 of 2,298
Hi everyone! I've been happily enjoying my Sony XBA-N3 for almost 4 years. A few days ago, when I put them on I noticed there was a severe channel imbalance. The right earpiece sounded very very quiet in comparison with the left one. I removed the tip from the right earpiece and the inside foam was all soaked, which caused the earpiece to be much quieter. When I removed this little foam, everything sounded right and balanced again.
Has anyone replaced this foam? I don't think it's necessary for sound quality, but I guess it's the only thing that protects the internal speaker membrane or connections from moisture.
Here's a picture of what I'm talking about:

IMG_20210913_165126.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back