Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Nov 6, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #1,066 of 3,257
It can be better, hello 16mm LCP drivers, how good can it be, sometimes I think how do you people even listen to headphones, knowing ears are sensitive organ. Isee people walking around with amplifiers/dacs and cables atached for only music listening. Just too much.

Don't blast your ears people.

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #1,067 of 3,257
  It can be better, hello 16mm LCP drivers, how good can it be, sometimes I think how do you people even listen to headphones, knowing ears are sensitive organ. Isee people walking around with amplifiers/dacs and cables atached for only music listening. Just too much.

good try...

Nov 6, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #1,068 of 3,257

LOL of the day!!
popcorn.gif

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #1,070 of 3,257
He's proberbly right!!

2nd LOL of the day!
wink.gif

If you can't hear the difference between a decent dac/amp vs straight to a cell phone with the XBA-H1 or even more so on H3, then there's something wrong with your precious ear organ. Unless I misunderstood the somewhat broken English.

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #1,071 of 3,257
For portable use? Cables sticking out, bulky amplifiers, talking about precious ear organs. How loud do you listen to your headphones?

And the reason why I posted my comment was that some people are so picky about if they would go for the xba-3/xba-4/40 and xba-h3/ ex-1000, with the same LCP diaphragm. And then telling others the minor differences, while they are all good in ears. People opinions here are not true facts just different experiences.

And I didn't told you that a amplifier/dac can't do anything to your headphones, just funny how far people go for listening to music.

Nov 7, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #1,072 of 3,257
  I feel the bass reaches a bit deeper and is more controlled on the 40, but overall quantity is very similar.

Hmm so it sounds like the 40s are better in the sub-bass department.

Was pondering the comparison between the 40s the H3s. Do you have these amped? I'm pairing my 40s with the JDSLabs C5. 

Was seeing these as an upgrade to my 40s, but from what I read, it doesn't look like this is the case. I order the H1s when they came out and returned them as soon as I received them.

The only intrigue I have is the soundstage of the H3s.. at the expense of 3Dness you mention. So its more a "Middle-row" experience then a "front-row" one with the 40s?

Nov 7, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #1,074 of 3,257
For portable use? Cables sticking out, bulky amplifiers, talking about precious ear organs. How loud do you listen to your headphones?

And the reason why I posted my comment was that some people are so picky about if they would go for the xba-3/xba-4/40 and xba-h3/ ex-1000, with the same LCP diaphragm. And then telling others the minor differences, while they are all good in ears. People opinions here are not true facts just different experiences.

And I didn't told you that a amplifier/dac can't do anything to your headphones, just funny how far people go for listening to music.

Well that makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying.

However, you could ask the same question to the manufacturer. The xba 1-3, 30/40, h1-3... why make so many variants?

Nov 7, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #1,075 of 3,257

Then i'm sure you'll be very happy with buying Beats By Dre and wouldn't even step into head-fi in the first place
Afterall, why so picky right you say
This is an audiophile forum. People are here for the sound quality above all else. 

Nov 7, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #1,076 of 3,257
I'm not interested in celebrity products, they have to make a living out of everything, I'm not stupid. I thought it was funny(read my comment first) not attacking you or others, just funny!

Ok, but if you want to experience the sound quality, just buy a pair test it yourself since we all have different ear's/experiences. And you don't know how other people use their headphones and on which volume they play their music. If you have 10/20 years + experience your ears are not the same like 10/20 years ago. And that's not the fault of the manufacturer if you can't hear the higher frequenties and details or bass out from the box, especially if the IEM's are similair with the same Balanced armatures or Dynamic drivers.(MDR EX-1000/XBA-H3 LCP/XBA-4/40/3/30)

Nov 7, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #1,077 of 3,257
What is your point? I simply don't get it.

Nov 7, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #1,078 of 3,257
  I'm not interested in celebrity products, they have to make a living out of everything, I'm not stupid. I thought it was funny(read my comment first) not attacking you or others, just funny!

Ok, but if you want to experience the sound quality, just buy a pair test it yourself since we all have different ear's/experiences. And you don't know how other people use their headphones and on which volume they play their music. If you have 10/20 years + experience your ears are not the same like 10/20 years ago. And that's not the fault of the manufacturer if you can't hear the higher frequenties and details or bass out from the box, especially if the IEM's are similair with the same Balanced armatures or Dynamic drivers.(MDR EX-1000/XBA-H3 LCP/XBA-4/40/3/30)

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #1,080 of 3,257
I purposely ignored Mizwa's post because it was confusing. I didn't want to imply... Turns out I was right in the end. Still, not worth the time and effort tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back