Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Oct 16, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #526 of 3,257
 I assume the larger dynamic drivers (13.5mm for the H2 and 16.5mm for the H3) will push the bass emphasis lower down, and the extra BA in the H3 is simply to compensate and correct the changes in the rest of the spectrum.

Actually the extra BA provides the higher end of treble, which the BA in the H1 can't produce. And it does seem the H2 and H3 both have more bass than the H1. The H1 is the best buy amongst them, but the H3 will no doubt be technically better, might be a more v shaped sound, whereas the H1 is more balanced sound, but with highs rolled off.

Oct 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #530 of 3,257
Ok. I've had some more time the H1's.

Forget measurements, charts, comparing if you can hear this or that or the soundstage is this wide or not etc

THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS YOU PLUG THESE IN YOUR EARS AND LEAVE A DO NOT DISTURB SIGN NEXT TO YOU.

Yes there is great clarity and precision and more. But it's the musicality and enjoyment of the sound that is so wonderful. I want to listen to all my music again. So so pleased.

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #531 of 3,257

Forget measurements, charts, comparing if you can hear this or that or the soundstage is this wide or not etc

THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS YOU PLUG THESE IN YOUR EARS AND LEAVE A DO NOT DISTURB SIGN NEXT TO YOU.

Yes there is great clarity and precision and more. But it's the musicality and enjoyment of the sound that is so wonderful. I want to listen to all my music again. So so pleased.

Nice words!

In a way I have not had any issues on Sony IEM/Headphones even in the lower price range. I think they know what is sound and depending on the price of what they release, it wont be disappointment.

Oct 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #532 of 3,257
There is somebody who can do a translation from japanese about the impressions from listening to the H3 ?
From here : http://ameblo.jp/e-earphone/entry-11610158494.html
(There are H1 impressions also.)
I tried google and bing but still not clear. Thanks.

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #534 of 3,257
  There is somebody who can do a translation from japanese about the impressions from listening to the H3 ?
From here : http://ameblo.jp/e-earphone/entry-11610158494.html
(There are H1 impressions also.)
I tried google and bing but still not clear. Thanks.

Using free translation.com (SDL - From the leader in translation technology and services)

SONY XBA-H 1   

proprietary hybrid 2-way driver unit with clear with 
The growth of the vocal and powerful bass  

New Products SONY#XBA-H 1e * Special ¥ 15,800 - (booking and will be available in late October. 

proprietary hybrid 2-way driver unit
9mm diameter driver units and dynamic 
Balanced Armature driver unit (full range) and the combination 
Hybrid 2-way driver was installed. 
Balanced Armature in high-resolution high-gamut, with 
The dynamic-rich medium-low and, at a high-level balance. 
One of the advantages of two different driver, by combining 
Clear, of the growth of the vocal and powerful bass. 

color]
distortion of the less affluent Medium-low range diameter 9mm driver units to play
9mm diameter driver units with dynamic type 
distortion of the less affluent Medium-low range. 

Balanced Armature driver unit
The traditional BA driver unit has been adopted by a narrow pipe-shaped structure is not the air duct, 
The proprietary flat shape of the air duct structure has been adopted. 
As a result, vibration plate up to the eardrum from the large sound, you can ensure the way 
In the duct of the resonant is removed, in which the frequency band that is spread and 
The high-bandwidth growth in the music playback is now available. 

XBA-H 1try and listen! 

This time the frost, listen to the music, and much more, the truth of her paintings in the twin vocals being destroyed, the butterfly wings. 
The unfortunate person high resolution sound source is because they did not have the 
As long as the recording environment as much as possible to a good song choice. 
strong base and the drum, bass, guitar and vocal, bass, while 
In the Sequencer and string treble to evaluation. 

XBA-H1 is high-pitched in a clear, high-resolution, it seems that the BA type to listen. 
guitar and vocal edge when stuck, until there was not a problem for us. 
Low-frequency dynamic type also seems to have on hand the verve and mellowness. 
Top of the range when compared to less in order for the music, but the 
This is a more balanced, you can enjoy Hi-fi style. 

SONY XBA-H 2 

Develop your own Hybrid 2-way driver unit. 
spread of the low and the high-resolution quality. 

New Products SONY#XBA-H 2e * Special ¥ 25,800 - (booking and will be available in late October. 

proprietary hybrid 2-way driver unit 
Liquid crystalline polymer film Using the vibration plate diameter 13.5mm driver units and dynamic 
Balanced Armature driver unit (full range) and the combination 
Hybrid 2-way driver was installed. Balanced Armature in high-resolution high-gamut, with 
The dynamic-rich medium-low and, at a high-level balance. One of the advantages of two different driver, by combining 
The growth in the clear vocals and plenty of low-range.

color]
Clear Sound to achieve diameter 13.5mm driver units
Liquid crystalline polymer film vibration plate diameter 13.5mm driver unit, dynamic type 
Each sound vocals and instruments for vivid. from low to high frequencies over a wide band of crisp sound to play. 
  Balanced Armature driver unit
The traditional BA driver unit has been adopted by a narrow pipe-shaped structure is not the air duct, 
As a result, vibration plate up to the eardrum. The large sound from the road, you can ensure that in the duct of the resonant is removed, by 
frequency band is spread in the growth in the high-bandwidth, it is possible to playback music.

XBA-H 2try and listen! 

XBA-H 1compared to rely on a clear mid-bass tuning. 
, increase the thickness of the drum base swells Groovy is the highest a pleasant. 
In the high-frequency range of sound pressure also to the bass without the masking to maintain the height for the resolution. 

This area is a hybrid type of advantage. 
XBA-H 1more warm sounds, calm and sat in a seat, sound. 

SONY XBA-H 3 

Proprietary HD hybrid Three-Way Driver Unit 
From the deep bass to high tails 
A rich high-bandwidth playback. 

New Products: New Products SONY XBA-H 3e * Special Price ¥ 36,800 -(booking and will be available in late October. 

Proprietary HD hybrid Three-Way Driver Unit

Liquid crystalline polymer film Using the vibration plate large aperture 16mm dynamic driver units and 
Balanced Armature driver unit 2 (Full-range + HD super tween) and combination 
HD hybrid three-way driver was installed. 
Balanced Armature type that is a feature of high-resolution, medium-high, and 
The dynamic-rich medium-low and, at a high-level balance. 
One of the advantages of two different driver, by combining 
The deep bass of the vibrant, granular high-range until the tails 
All of the music across replicate the emotional bandwidth.

color]
HD super tween (Balanced Armature driver).
Diaphragm made of aluminum alloy for lightweight, high-rigidity balance. 
Ultra-high frequency range that you want to to play in the response from the early powerful low-frequency until the high-resolution, high-range 
A rich broadband (5Hz to 40 kHz) playback. 
The Information CD exceeds the amount of high resolution sound studios and concert in the sense of air-breathing experience.

Sony's Balanced Armature driver unit features.
As a result, vibration plate up to the eardrum. The large sound from the road, you can ensure that in the duct of the resonant is removed, by 
frequency band is spread in the growth in the high-bandwidth, it is possible to playback music.

There are plenty of bass and treble in the growth. Large-diameter 16mm driver units
Liquid crystalline polymer film vibration plate using the dynamic-type large-aperture 16 mm driver unit. 
Unique dynamic type with a strong presence of bass and wide dynamic range, high-bandwidth.

To reduce unnecessary vibration and the high-resolution sound to play. Liquid crystalline polymer film vibration plate
High degree of elongation of the liquid-crystal polymer varnish with film casting by developing 
High rigidity and high-bandwidth of high internal loss ( * ) to balance. 
With a thin required strength to withstand machine that you get high fidelity sound. 

CD sound quality, far more than the expected high resolution sound source. a. 
XBA-H flagship model of the series! 

For Bass MDR-EX 1000 and same aperture of 16mm and the liquid crystalline polymer film vibration plate. 
The newly developed BA type drivers, 40,000 Hz ultra-high-range to play. 
Sony has developed over the years as the culmination of earphone technology is XBA-H 3! 

XBA-H 3try and listen! 

XBA-H3 is in the series, the most balanced and sound quality. 
bass is MDR-EX 1000 various line of the therapy is absolutely not feel. 
that the center of gravity, and the strong drive power is still low. 
With its massive are preparing in advance. 
In the high-frequency separation is good, the sound pattern is firmly. VOCAL beauty shine people. 
Strings in the growth of IT in most of the spread, you can enjoy the space. 
The height of the resolution in the bures with top-notch, and other fine nuances are not lost. 
Here one needs to be put out of the high-range so I don't know, but XBA-H3 is not stuck! 
3. With a driver of discomfort or not to hear the best balance. 
* sound amplifier and also affect the environment. 
"listening environment. 
Walkman NW-A 867 -> 
Similar Tech DIRIGENT Red Rabel WM-Dock > VorzAmp Duo 

The other specifications to be checked!   
XBA-H 2/H 3 cable is detachable! 
The standard connector to be at this stage cannot be declared. 
At first glance, it seems MMCX Connectors. What should I do? 

Cable specifications are 3 models!   
Details of the groove is vertical-shaped coil around it, making it more difficult to adopt a tessellation code. 
Two-tone black-and-red color is stylish. 

XBA-H Series comes with new ear piece!   
This is! ? ear piece on the inside of the new material! 
Traditional low-resilience polyurethane foam that contains the Noise Isolation Earbuds fit more flexibility than. 
Low-resilience urethane sponge-like holes in the sponge cake is when the 
Here is his moist mousse of his sense of a variety of food. No, touch. 

Hurry, at least XBA-H series will introduce! 
For more information about products from SONY official page please see. 

External Link: XBA series product lineup

* Sales Price and Launch Date is now please wait. 

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #535 of 3,257

Could I ask how's the build? Quality, wire-memory etc?

Oct 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #536 of 3,257
Thanks for the information/impressions in this thread.  So, based on the Sony info it appears as if the H1 and H2 are two-ways, with the H2 having a larger dynamic bass driver.  The larger driver should provide for more bass extension not necessarily more bass.  H3 is a three-way, and it appears to be the H2 with a ba- super tweeter.  Now the old XBA3 was plagued with a metallic sibilant treble (anybody want to buy my pair?), so hopefully Sony has remedied that, but I would wait for some confirmation before jumping on it.  More drivers doesn't always mean better sound and most times less is more.  It would be great to try all three of the Hx, but if I were to shoot in the dark H1 (+ positive impression) or H2 would be the safer bet.

Oct 16, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #537 of 3,257

Which country sony store is this? Are you sure you got that price, seems real cheap, help us get on it if it for real! post a link please.

it is the education store of germany. So the normal price will be 299€ and if you are a student, scientific employee, prof. you get 25% discount = 224,25€. Also there is a page called "qipu.de" when you register there and you go to the sony store by that page, you will get 6% of your money back. But I think this offer is over, as I mentioned it ended on 14th. Right now I can not find any XBA-H in the store.

@gavinfabl:
It is even better then Beyerdynamic DT 880? And you are sure it is not the "new-toy-syndrome"?
And what about the bass, is it fast and punchy or is it a bit bloated and slow? i.e. "infected mushrooms - supervisor" has a lot of fast sounds. with a dynamic IE in the 200€ range it was never a realy quite moment as the first tone was disappearing the next came too soon. like
AAAAAAA
and with the XBA 2 it was more like
! ! ! ! ! ! !

it´s hard to describe by words, maybe you know what I am trying to explain and you can have a look at it

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #538 of 3,257
^Simons: My impression after 2-3h is that there is plenty of quick-impact as well as presence to the bass, and there is [enough] reverb/decay to make the H1 feel musical... plus, it might tighten a little over time. I noticed that drums in particular hit quick and hit hard vs. other 'phones I've heard. I haven't got any pricey IEM's to compare with, though. The definitive impression I have is that it is musical AND balanced, somewhat favoring musicality over even-handedness.

Listening to that track on YouTube, my feeling is that the H1 is not quite as "! ! !" (immediate?) as you are asking, but for a dynamic gets quite close. Maybe Gavinfabl can make a comparison. Perhaps someone can evaluate the H1 next to the GR07 in the near future? 

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #540 of 3,257
it is the education store of germany. So the normal price will be 299€ and if you are a student, scientific employee, prof. you get 25% discount = 224,25€. Also there is a page called "qipu.de" when you register there and you go to the sony store by that page, you will get 6% of your money back. But I think this offer is over, as I mentioned it ended on 14th. Right now I can not find any XBA-H in the store.

@gavinfabl:
It is even better then Beyerdynamic DT 880? And you are sure it is not the "new-toy-syndrome"?
And what about the bass, is it fast and punchy or is it a bit bloated and slow? i.e. "infected mushrooms - supervisor" has a lot of fast sounds. with a dynamic IE in the 200€ range it was never a realy quite moment as the first tone was disappearing the next came too soon. like
AAAAAAA
and with the XBA 2 it was more like
! ! ! ! ! ! !

it´s hard to describe by words, maybe you know what I am trying to explain and you can have a look at it

Beyer DT880 were good. But they were the 600 ohm version so needed a tube amp to sound worthy. The XBA-H1 just rock right out of my iPhone 5S, no amp needed. But being honest, the H1's are better regardless. It is just overall tone and presentation. I keep flicking to a different album and the presentation is so good. Just cannot stress enough how these blow away anything I have heard in my past headphone collection. As I said before, the musicality is fantastic.

Seriously, I did not expect these to be this good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back