Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Oct 9, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #436 of 3,257
Ok, so according to Amazon, the H1 is set for release on the 13 of this month and Amazon UK has the H3 for the 14th. Does anybody know if the H3 will also come to America on the 14? I pre ordered from Adorama so all this varies from dealer to dealer i guess.

Oct 9, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #437 of 3,257
Ok, so according to Amazon, the H1 is set for release on the 13 of this month and Amazon UK has the H3 for the 14th. Does anybody know if the H3 will also come to America on the 14? I pre ordered from Adorama so all this varies from dealer to dealer i guess.

Actually according to Adorama they will receive the phones from manufacturer during the 4th week of this month.

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #439 of 3,257
If you look at the Amazon UK page for the H1, even though it said available 10th Oct, it is now saying dispatch will take 1-3 months! So basically I am more inclined to believe the amazon Japan release date of 25th Oct. Argh more waiting...

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #444 of 3,257
good info,Should be a very interesting line to check out once these get released late October.
3.gif

Oct 10, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #447 of 3,257
Personally I don't like the black/red color thingy for the cables. The color combo looks low-fi. The H3 better sounds better than the EX1000, which I have some doubt giving how Sony is pricing these phones. I hope I am wrong.

Oct 10, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #448 of 3,257
I'm not super keen on the black / red either, but then again I wasn't keen on it on the MDR-1R and I think it turned out okay 'in the flesh' so to speak.

Oct 11, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #449 of 3,257
I´m reading here since 2 weeks and as in germany no one cares about the hybrid series I created an account, just because of these iems :)

I had a lot of in ears, but mostly cheap ones. The best, i ever had was the XBA 2. Its hard to describe, but actually i liked the pause better then the music. So with dynamical headphones and cheap BAs every sound is like a hill and ba sounds more like ! --- i dont know, its hard to explain.

So thats why i am looking really forward to a better one. I allready liked the bass of the XBA2 and i thought about buying the XBA 4, as it is even better and a lot of people wrote the bass is deeper, faster and overall better then Denon AHD 5000 (for 800$). But as the XBA H3 should be even better then XBA4 and is in the same price range, im really excited.

BUT I have some doubts:
I really like the fast punches of BAs, especially in the Bass I like music like sesto sento, eskimo, infected mushrooms... so music with a fast, punching bass. I am affraid, that a dynamic driver will more sound like a wobbel bass of dnb or hip-hop. So the worst would be a deep bass which is putting a drone soudn over it all.

PS: Could someone explain me what "poridge" means as highlight of a headphone? I just know it as a food and then it would exactly mean what would be the worst for me: a mixed, blurred overall sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back