Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Oct 12, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #482 of 3,257
I don't know if the H3 will necessarily be 'obviously' fantastic.

The XBA-4 and XBA-40 have never been particularly well received on Head Fi as far as I can tell and from initial reports the H3 seems like it might be a very bassy and similarly polarizing experience.

All the early impressions seem to be pointing to the H1 as being the Head Fi favourite.

Let's not prime ourselves too much though. Very excited! Pity I don't hear much word on ETA in Australia. The new MDR-10r series is sitting pretty in the Sony store but not these.

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #483 of 3,257
I don't know if the H3 will necessarily be 'obviously' fantastic.

The XBA-4 and XBA-40 have never been particularly well received on Head Fi as far as I can tell and from initial reports the H3 seems like it might be a very bassy and similarly polarizing experience.

All the early impressions seem to be pointing to the H1 as being the Head Fi favourite.

Let's not prime ourselves too much though. Very excited! Pity I don't hear much word on ETA in Australia. The new MDR-10r series is sitting pretty in the Sony store but not these.

My gf loves my her XBA-4. I'll thank you for your review on her behalf.

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #484 of 3,257
Oct 13, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #485 of 3,257
I one of the few who really appreciate the XBA-40 and I still thinks it offers phenomenal top tier  SQ for little money, superbly smooth and detailed sound with great imaging, but I think the overall finish and bulky design is sadly quite poor and unattractive.
I am also waiting for my H3, which I hope will sound very impressive, but I am afraid the large design might be an issue

Oct 13, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #486 of 3,257
Do you guys think the H1 will be better or on par with the xba3 and 4 SQ wise or will the H3 be on the one to compete with those.

I want the H1 to replace my xba3 but at that price point I wonder if they will be lesser.

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #487 of 3,257
Do you guys think the H1 will be better or on par with the xba3 and 4 SQ wise or will the H3 be on the one to compete with those.

I want the H1 to replace my xba3 but at that price point I wonder if they will be lesser.

If they refined the tuning in treble to make it more controlled than the xba3 and better dampening that doesn't cause the metallic grainy peaks then it's definitely an upgrade.

Oct 13, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #489 of 3,257
Getting pretty big there and possibly still isolation and wind noise challenges but I'm on board!
26.gif

Oct 13, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #491 of 3,257
wonder how this will compare to the new ATH iems... although the price of their 4 BA flagship seems to be bit more than XBA H3, but still... and there's the 2 BA and the dual dynamic versions also (although the dynamics are gonna be cheaper than the XBA H1...)

Oct 14, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #495 of 3,257
  The H3 looks overweight compared to the EX1000.

Remember that the EX-1000 has the thinnest possible and most stable housing made fro Magnesium Alloy. The H3 in contrast seems to have a standard plastic housing that needs to be much thicker to be stable. But the fit seems to be equal. that alone make for 200 $ price difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back