Sony XBA-A3 worth it if I already have IE 200?
Apr 27, 2024 at 3:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

sabjn

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, new guy here :D

IE 200 we're my first pair of iem's after my first pair of headphones (HD560S) and I'm loving them, and the a3's ($150-$200) caught my attention being fairly cheap and having a dynamic driver along two BA drivers which is pretty impressive, a3 is also Z5's ($500) little brother, and from what I heard, Z5 is a beast of an IEM. To be clear from the start: I'm not into chi-fi, I won't get anything chi-fi simply because I don't like them even if it's better than A3's.

But I'm wondering if the A3's will sound more impressive than the IE 200's I already have and if I'm going to like them, I mean everyone seems to say they sound great but they're pretty old iem's and that's my main concern, technologies might have evolved since then and nowadays their not that good anymore.(?)

I'm a sony guy, I like what sony does, they're known for having great iem's, so I'd want to get the A3's for either diversity or as my mains, just to listen to something different. My IE 200 are pretty good but they're starting to bore me a little (here comes the rabbit hole :))

So my question is: Would the A3's be better or at the same level as my IE 200's? or should I just keep my money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back