sony xba-3........................advice please
Sep 27, 2013 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sardar17

Headphoneus Supremus
i have recently ordered xba-3 for 130$ including delivery charges,,,after my excellent meelectronics a151 were stolen

1)is it worth in this range??
2)i have heard that it will not work very well with sources having high impedence

so what portable player is suitable here??
do i need an amp for these 2 devices??
i have a sansa clip+ and xperia mini cellphone

Sep 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 8
Well, that's true. Currently Sony devices sold in EU have high output impedance (usually more than 10 Ohms), so your Xperia probably won't perform well with XBA-3 unless you don't like bass. I don't know how Sansa Clip+ sound, but if my memory serves me it hase quite low output impedance so XBA-3 will sound better.

Personaly I paired my XBA-3 with Walkman X and it sounds quite good despite having around 4 Ohms output impedance.

Sep 27, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #3 of 8
  Well, that's true. Currently Sony devices sold in EU have high output impedance (usually more than 10 Ohms), so your Xperia probably won't perform well with XBA-3 unless you don't like bass. I don't know how Sansa Clip+ sound, but if my memory serves me it hase quite low output impedance so XBA-3 will sound better.

Personaly I paired my XBA-3 with Walkman X and it sounds quite good despite having around 4 Ohms output impedance.

if it helps u,,,,,,,,,sansa clip+ has output impedence of only 1 ohm,,

Sep 27, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #4 of 8
Then I think XBA-3 will have quite good balance, with good bass response, because that's the most difficult part to get from these earphones. XBA-3 has impedance between 8-90 Ohms, so I hope your Sansa could handle such distributed, across frequencies, impedance.

And about the price. For $130 I think you'll get really good earphones. I bought mine for $200+ and I don't regret it :) They're really detailed, balanced, with really wide soundstage and with strong source they just shine. (the lower output impedance the more expressed bass and better balance)
Well, they've got one flaw - higher frequencies signature. The sound is a little bit metallic. In my case cutting down 16 kHz region by 3dB helped a lot.

Sep 27, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #5 of 8
  Then I think XBA-3 will have quite good balance, with good bass response, because that's the most difficult part to get from these earphones. XBA-3 has impedance between 8-90 Ohms, so I hope your Sansa could handle such distributed, across frequencies, impedance.

And about the price. For $130 I think you'll get really good earphones. I bought mine for $200+ and I don't regret it :) They're really detailed, balanced, with really wide soundstage and with strong source they just shine. (the lower output impedance the more expressed bass and better balance)
Well, they've got one flaw - higher frequencies signature. The sound is a little bit metallic. In my case cutting down 16 kHz region by 3dB helped a lot.

i will take into account your higher frequency point,,,,thanks a lot

Sep 29, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #6 of 8
what are the other player options i have to use with xba-3??

that is players with low impedence of 1-2 ohm

pls suggest anything below 150$

Oct 15, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #7 of 8
  what are the other player options i have to use with xba-3??

that is players with low impedence of 1-2 ohm

pls suggest anything below 150$

You can use a FiiO E12 amp, works great with my XBA-3. The FiiO E11 works well but the bass switch on the E12 brings up the lower sub-bass in a great way. I highly recommend the E12, it also does a great job driving my Sennhieser HD600 (300 Ohms).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back