sony xba 1 or klipsch s4i
Apr 23, 2012 at 10:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

iKIKO

New Head-Fier
hi, i absolutely love my mdr v6's, but i need something smallest for on the go. my local audio store has this 2 on stock. i have been reading about the two, and all i can read is good comments on both.

so to anyone who has listen to both, wich one do you think that i will like me more. i want a sound similar to the v6's

what you think guys? thanks forward

Apr 23, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #2 of 8
i have also read plenty of good things about the XBA-1. i haven't heard the Klipsch earphones, however my impression from the reviews is that they are very bass heavy, while the XBA-1 is very neutral sounding with plenty of detail. Since you love the V6, you are probably looking for a netral earphone with plenty of detail, so the XBA-1 seems like a good choice. How much is the XBA-1 in Mexico? I have been waiting for the price of the XBA-1 to drop, however so far it isn't really being discounted. At around $50 I would buy it. At around $80 where it is now, I think I'll wait.

Are you sure you want something with isolation for use on the go? IEMs or isolating headphone are good to use while on busses, trains or planes, but can be very dangerous to use when you need to hear your surroundings, such as when you are crossing traffic intersections. When walking where there is traffic, I use traditional style earbuds which don't isolate and keep the volume low. Perhaps it may be a good idea to get both traditional earbuds or an open headphone, and an IEM.

Apr 23, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #4 of 8
Try the VSonic GR06.  I'm sure those are mentioned in his review of I think the count is either 236 or 238 at the moment.  Just look up |joker|.

Apr 23, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #5 of 8
Personally I think Westone UM1 will be a nice choice for this price range, the sound is more neutral and plus, it is really comfortable for wearing. Another choice i suggested is UE700, it sounds pretty good, too.

Jun 22, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #7 of 8
You can get the xba-1 for 690 pesos (like 50 bucks) in sears, its the lowest price I have found, currently I am using some sony mdr ex310, they sound ok but the arent a match for my hje 900, too bad that the cable its broken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back