Sony xb90ex worth it? basshead IEMs
Jul 12, 2013 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

hughjass91

New Head-Fier
I have my sights set on these IEMs because i'm looking for some good "fun" not muddy bass and I like the flat cable. Any thoughts or suggestions before I pull the trigger and get these. I mainly will use these to listen to electronic music such as Trance and Hardstyle. Budget about $80 to $100 US might stretch it a little. (FYI:I may get JVC fx1x along with whatever I end up getting)
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
I have my sights set on these IEMs because i'm looking for some good "fun" not muddy bass and I like the flat cable. Any thoughts or suggestions before I pull the trigger and get these. I mainly will use these to listen to electronic music such as Trance and Hardstyle. Budget about $80 to $100 US might stretch it a little. (FYI:I may get JVC fx1x along with whatever I end up getting)
ksc75smile.gif

a good choice. But also check out the Klispch s4

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #3 of 8
Ive just this moment received mine today, I wanted a replacement for my Hippo VB.

I paid £65. Overall, Im delighted. They have a nice big soundstage, great clarity and good bass (both quality and quantity). I also like the flat cable.

I'm very pleased, a little less bass than what Im used to on my Hippos (when using the bassiest plate), but the better clarity and sounstage more than make up for it. When I say a little less bass, dont mistake that for no bass, its just nothing has ever came close to my Hippos for pure head rattling bass.

I listen to techno and house.

Jul 13, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #4 of 8
these are deffo worth it if you want a basshead iem... you will honestly think that your wearing full size headphones!! i was lucky enough to get mine for £50 :)
i listen to trance :)
not to mention the flat cable is awesome, they hardly ever get tangled...

Jul 14, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #6 of 8
I suggest that you pass on the JVC HAFX101 as its bass is overdone and sounds artificial. Its drivers are only 8.5mm. For only around $16 on Amazon you can get the Sony MDR-EX210 which has 13.5 mm drivers and much deeper bass. The bass on the HAFX101 sounds like boosted upper and mid bass and not deep bass. For even more bass impact than the MDREX210 though is the MDR-XB60 for around $35 on Amazon. The MDR-EX210 has deep bass extension, however it doesn't seem exaggerated. On the XB60 and XB90 the bass probably sounds exaggerated(I haven't heard those yet). At first the sound of the Sony EX210 was thick and seemed to lack detail, but after very extensive burn in it is nice, and is giving more detail. Not as detailed as some of my other IEMs(like the Panasonic RPHJE355, JVC HAFX40, and Panasonic RPHJE450). The Sony XB90 doesn't seem to be sold in the US, and wonder if it is worth more than triple the price of the XB60. It is true the XB90 has 16mm drivers vs 13.5mm for the XB60, however based on my experience with the 13.5mm driver EX210, 13.5 mm drivers in an IEM can deliver deep bass.  Perhaps you should buy the Sony EX210 and XB60 on Amazon for only around $50 for both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back