Sony XB400
Jan 15, 2013 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Noonar

New Head-Fier
Hi

As you can tell by my last post I'm an audiophile noob. 

After looking around for a while, can someone tell me if sony XB400 will suit me?

-Im a total basshead
-I like super comfy headphones
-I listen to metal, dubstep, and rock

Any advice will help me 
o2smile.gif

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #2 of 33
Quote:
Hi

As you can tell by my last post I'm an audiophile noob. 

After looking around for a while, can someone tell me if sony XB400 will suit me?

-Im a total basshead
-I like super comfy headphones
-I listen to metal, dubstep, and rock

Any advice will help me 
o2smile.gif

What's your budget?
What's the source you're plugging these into?

Very best,

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #4 of 33
I am not sure about the XB-400, but Tyll over at Innerfidelity did a review and test measurement session with the XB-500.  He thought they sounded the best of the three XB headphones he listened to and measured.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sony-mdr-xb300-mdr-xb500-and-mdr-xb700-extra-bass-headphones

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-XB500-Diaphragm-Driver-Headphones/dp/B001RB24S2

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #7 of 33
Quote:
Those look pretty good. But I like my bass very deep and I love the vibration of the headphones on bass heavy songs. Will these fit the bill?

I also use my Sennheiser HD219 for metal and rock songs and it sounds great, but as for Dubstep and other electronica genres it lacks in bass. 

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #9 of 33
Quote:
What? You mean the bass on the Creative Aurvana Live's? Are you sure? I'd like to hear what a more reliable person has to say...

First I've ever heard of Distorting Bass?    OP, if you are looking for a Bass Head can the Cal's will be lacking for you.  It does have Bass but it's not the Bass you are after.
It's tight and punchy, but does not have that Deep Thump you are after.   The Cal is a fantastic All - Around can as it handles everything really well But just by your wants I can tell you it's not your cup of tea...   Maybe like the Sony X series???  
I'm not a big bass man myself...others can help you there...

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #11 of 33
Quote:
First I've ever heard of Distorting Bass?    OP, if you are looking for a Bass Head can the Cal's will be lacking for you.  It does have Bass but it's not the Bass you are after.
It's tight and punchy, but does not have that Deep Thump you are after.   The Cal is a fantastic All - Around can as it handles everything really well But just by your wants I can tell you it's not your cup of tea...   Maybe like the Sony X series???  
I'm not a big bass man myself...others can help you there...

What would be a good overall headphone for a Basshead like me then? I'm kinda lost...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back