SONY XB21EX
Nov 10, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #2 of 6
Dont know about XB21EX but XB20EX was the poorest in ear i've ever heard. Even the 5$ panasonic HJE120 walks over it.

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #4 of 6
XB20EX sounds very grainy. I initially though that may be due to lack of burn in but its been more than a year now & its as grainy.
The distortion level on it is huge. Even with a weak player as sony A726 it could easily distort at loud volumes. The distortion is only in bass section though.
At that time i had compared it to Sennheiser cx300II & sony had tighter bass , nice build quality & very comfortable. But the overall sound is extremely grainy/rough

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
XB20EX sounds very grainy. I initially though that may be due to lack of burn in but its been more than a year now & its as grainy.
The distortion level on it is huge. Even with a weak player as sony A726 it could easily distort at loud volumes. The distortion is only in bass section though.
At that time i had compared it to Sennheiser cx300II & sony had tighter bass , nice build quality & very comfortable. But the overall sound is extremely grainy/rough

I see. I was ordering xb41ex earlier, but the shape was kind of awkard to me..as I listen to music when I am in bed most of the times, and someone said that the bass in xb41ex is overdone. So I am thinking of going with xb21ex but reading yr post..I have to rethink again.
thanks.

Nov 14, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #6 of 6
I just got the xb21ex today and I am more than satisfied with the price/quality of it. Bass is awesome not overdone, very clear , very low..even the mids/highs are sweet. Loved the flat wire. Although it has already given me a little headache cze I hve never used any 'bass' + earphones....but now the music sounds Full and awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back