Sony x-series question / please recommend a dap
Jun 14, 2010 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Lyot

New Head-Fier
The Sony x-series seems to have good feedback here but I also read that it has a strong hiss, is this going to be noticeable or is it limited to iems which are more revealing of this?

Solved.

Jun 14, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #2 of 8
I get hiss with my um3x but none with my dt880 600ohm. If your library is wav, I wouldn't recommend the Walkman X. wav does not support tagging, so on the Walkman, everything will be under an album titled Unknown, with artist Unknown etc. I have noticed that some albums on my Walkman X that are supposedly .wav files have tags for them. eg: album, artist, track name and the album art. 

Jun 14, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #3 of 8
Stang, how does wav files sound on the X? Do you think wav sound noticibly better than mp3?

Jun 14, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #4 of 8
Doesn't it use folder names or have the possibility of browsing by folder? many also look in the music folder for an image. I don't really mind that even if it cannot.
What alt. player with high hp out quality should I consider? Or is there a better [dap/amp] for a reasonable price with >30GB storage and a small form factor?

Jun 14, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
Stang, how does wav files sound on the X? Do you think wav sound noticibly better than mp3?

Personally I cannot tell a difference, no matter what gear I use. $50 or $5000 
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #8 of 8
It does use folder browsing so if your library is in foolders than you will not need tags,

Quote:
Thank you.
Doesn't it use folder names or have the possibility of browsing by folder? many also look in the music folder for an image. I don't really mind that even if it cannot.
What alt. player with high hp out quality should I consider? Or is there a better [dap/amp] for a reasonable price with >30GB storage and a small form factor?

(edit)
The Nationite S:Flo2 seems to be nearly as good but unfinished, apparently it crashes too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back