Sony WMZ1AM2 playback time on 1 full battery charge
Dec 30, 2023 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kamvai

New Head-Fier
Hello to all Sony WM1AM2 users. Lokking to know how long this unit can playback music usinf 1 full charged battery?????
i seems the playback time is lot shorter than it is written in manual. According to my observation the playback time is aprox 2 to 2,5 hours max in 1 full charge of battery.please tell me if it is simillar to your observations ????? Maybe I can apply some settings to prolong operating time of my uniit ????

Dec 30, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #2 of 6
I'll let owners tell you, but those playback values are only valid for basic use with zero DSP activated and the screen, BT, wifi, whatever turned off at all time and the same format while only using the headphone jack.
Several DSPs have been known to cut the battery life in half throughout several models of DAPs, and I'm talking about activating just one of them at a time. Several can murder your playback time. The file type also plays a role. So depending on how you're using it, it might not be a defective battery. :frowning2:

Dec 30, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 6
I'll let owners tell you, but those playback values are only valid for basic use with zero DSP activated and the screen, BT, wifi, whatever turned off at all time and the same format while only using the headphone jack.
Several DSPs have been known to cut the battery life in half throughout several models of DAPs, and I'm talking about activating just one of them at a time. Several can murder your playback time. The file type also plays a role. So depending on how you're using it, it might not be a defective battery. :frowning2:
Mainly almost 100 percent it is listening spotify files using wifi connection at home. From time to time offline spotify files dowloaded to the unit library.

Dec 30, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #4 of 6
Mainly almost 100 percent it is listening spotify files using wifi connection at home. From time to time offline spotify files dowloaded to the unit library.
i am not saying that my battery is defective or poor but want to know if other users have the same or similar short palyback time on the device within one ful batteryl charge

Dec 31, 2023 at 5:55 AM Post #5 of 6
Try asking directly there https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-nw-wm1z-m2-wm1a-m2.962054/ where owners will see the post.
From a quick search in that thread, it seems that streaming can reach about 10hours. So you should check if you're doing something else that could impact the battery(screen often turned on, maybe you use it only as a source or DAC which counter intuitively end up lowering the battery life on several devices, and again, check all the DSP settings, EQ, oversampling, or special little things that Sony has.
Anyway, go to that thread, the help section is sadly only visited by a minority of HeadFiers.

Dec 31, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #6 of 6
Try asking directly there https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-nw-wm1z-m2-wm1a-m2.962054/ where owners will see the post.
From a quick search in that thread, it seems that streaming can reach about 10hours. So you should check if you're doing something else that could impact the battery(screen often turned on, maybe you use it only as a source or DAC which counter intuitively end up lowering the battery life on several devices, and again, check all the DSP settings, EQ, oversampling, or special little things that Sony has.
Anyway, go to that thread, the help section is sadly only visited by a minority of HeadFiers.
Thank you i will do so and go to a different section to post my question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back