Sony WI-1000X Brief Review
Dec 6, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #16 of 21
It's possible you received a dud pair, although if your coming from WH1000xm3's the WI's are not in the same league. Also, you need to make sure you find just the right tip.

So it's either a dud pair or just huge disappointment :beyersmile:

Dec 6, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #17 of 21
Thanks

HAS to be a dud pair! - I accessed the eq in the Sony Headphone app and cranked the lowest frequency to the max - barely any difference. SUPER bright (ear killing / tinny) / no bass.

No n/c - I mean NONE.

Total drag - I even did an update from Sony app (that took about 20 mins Zzzzzzzzzzzzz!)

Onwards and upwards.

Dec 7, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #18 of 21
This 2nd pair is better

Memory foam tips are helping create more bass.

Hm...

But still not enough..

I think I am going to have to mess around with the eq - but that diables the LDAC

I wonder if APTX HD gets disabled with eq or if APTX HD survives it?

Anyone know?

And the WH 1000x M3's will need eq to keep me happy too...

I am going to try a rush hour walk & see if the NC is adequate - The tube trains here in London are so loud too.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #19 of 21
Best way I found for more bass was to find the tips that really sealed into my ears. Took a while of trying.

But in the end I gave up and bought the overears, and just decided to look a twit instead!

Dec 7, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #20 of 21
Yeah I am right there with you in twitdom!

I did find the best chance (smallest memory foam) tips but then found myself into a journey of corrective eq to get it closer to what I wanted - then realised that was BS because I was destroying the tone of my favorite recordings.

I am sending back the WI 1000x pair.

WH 1000x M3 is nearly there I will probably hack the earpads appart to reduce sub bass then I may be happy.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #21 of 21
Bass is huge at the point that it can be way too much. Faithfully there's an EQ in the SONY app. General sound quality is good, I prefer them over the B&W PX by quite a margin. Mids are excellent, highs have good extension, I like the bass if properly equalized, separation is a bit above average for the price, just a narrow soundstage with ANC which is my only complaint. Good levels of clarity and detail too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back