SONY WH1000XM3 - better than QC35 in noise cancelling?
Jul 22, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #1,982 of 2,082
Just can't get these bloody things to stay in my ear, I've tried InAir, Comply Foam, SpinFit CP360 but they fall out easily, especially with the right ear but that's probably just my physiology. Anyone got any suggestions or something I should revisit?
Snugs uk (as you don't say where you are) do custom tips with images sent via your smartphone so you don't need an audiologist appointment?

Jul 22, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #1,984 of 2,082
Just can't get these bloody things to stay in my ear, I've tried InAir, Comply Foam, SpinFit CP360 but they fall out easily, especially with the right ear but that's probably just my physiology. Anyone got any suggestions or something I should revisit?
FWIW: Think you’re in the wrong thread. This is the over ear WH1000XM3......(the in ears are WF1000XM3)

Aug 7, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #1,987 of 2,082
Aug 7, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #1,988 of 2,082
Aug 7, 2020 at 1:45 AM Post #1,989 of 2,082
I did see a few weeks back the 4's won't have aptx-HD support.

I am super out of date on this, but my understanding was that Sony's LDAC outperformed it. As an Android and Windows user, is that relevant for me?

Aug 7, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #1,991 of 2,082
I am super out of date on this, but my understanding was that Sony's LDAC outperformed it. As an Android and Windows user, is that relevant for me?
I've not used an LDAC supported device before, thought only Sony devices supported it, but I see my LGV30 has LDAC as an option in the codecs... I guess if your Android device supports it, then it's not an issue for you.
Obviously with LDAC, it removes EQ adjustment.

Aug 7, 2020 at 9:01 PM Post #1,993 of 2,082
Glad to hear it, and truly when you find the right attenuation levels I think that you will hear that the XM3 is actually quite good. I have no idea why Sony cooked the bass to some stupid teenager idea of what bass should be. Thankfully, the driver seems well done as is the enclosure which means once the adjustment is made the driver is liberated from the terrible stock tuning. Seriously Sony, no idea how any company could think that the stock tuning was anything but wretched. I would fire the managers that signed off on that for sure. When I first purchased the XM3 I was ready to send it back to Amazon but decided to try equalization as I loved the comfort and felt that the build, fit and finish was quite good so I wanted to give it a chance. Pretty happy that I did. I hope that you continue to experiment until you find your perfect tuning with the XM3.

I felt the same way when I got them. After I adjusted the EQ on the iPhone app to lower the bass they were very good...better than Bose by a longshot.

Aug 7, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #1,994 of 2,082
As long as you have the latest Android version installed in your phone, all should supports LDAC.

Aug 16, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #1,995 of 2,082
Did anyone update to 4.5.2 on the WH1000XM3?

I think they sound better now! There is less of that extra boomy bass and more clear highs and better soundstage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back