Sony WH-H910N discussion.
Jan 22, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #91 of 96
These don't sound good without power. They will work but that's about it. Muddy is a great description of their sound without power. But they are not really meant to be used without power so this is only a last resort.

See if you can hear them again but with power and the cable, or just via bluetooth.

I just spent a few minutes going back and forth from cable to bluetooth but with power on and the sound is very similar in both modes with a slight edge to the cable as treble and mids gain a bit of definition and detail. Bass also goes deeper using the cable. So for best sound quality use the cable.

On the go I will always use these in BT mode. But when I am stationary and just listening to music I might just start using the cable as it was noticeably better.
Funny enough I read your post about using them with cable powered on and my man it even sounds better! So there was slight loss in mid bass but gain in sub-bass rumble and I don't know if you also noticed more of a wider, "airy" sound too (Reminds me of my AKG headphones lol). Yep from now on when stationary I'll be using them wired powered on, only time I'll use them without power is if listening to a podcast or watching a Youtube video lmao

Feb 21, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #92 of 96
I am looking at these (H910N) and H900N as well as XB900N. The prices available to me are:

Sony WH-XB900N - $180
Sony WH-H910N - $180
Sony WH-H900N - $120 ($84 refurb.)

Which would you get for this price?

This thread gives 910N a lot of good criticism but I found some reviews describing bad quality of ear pads, issues with ANC, and a recommandation to buy one of the older models instead (XB900 or 900N. Are the difference between 900N and XB900N mainly the bass as the name implies?

Feb 21, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #93 of 96
I owned the original Hear.on BT model and found them a bit on the heavy side and not quite as dynamic sounding as the new 910N. The 900N looks like that model so will use a similar driver and will weigh close to my pair did. But I have not heard it myself so can not say for certain.

I find the 910 earpad pretty comfy but they are not as comfortable as the WH-1000XM3 and slightly snugger than the older model I own.

Mar 29, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #94 of 96
I have experience only with the WH-XB900N, and I found them to be comfortable enough for extended wear (8hrs). My complaint though is that when on a call (be it via voip app or service provider), the noise-cancellation feature was essentially nullified: I could hear background noise amplified through my headphones, and that means it also picked up my own voice and bounced it back to me, which was highly annoying. Tweaking settings on the Sony headphone app accomplished nothing. Noise cancellation was still indicated at maximum power while the background noise assault persisted. So, I can't recommend this one. I would go for an older pair of XB950N1s: they're almost as comfortable and they don't inject atmospheric noise into my ears while I'm on calls.

Jun 10, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #95 of 96
I owned the original Hear.on BT model and found them a bit on the heavy side and not quite as dynamic sounding as the new 910N. The 900N looks like that model so will use a similar driver and will weigh close to my pair did. But I have not heard it myself so can not say for certain.

I find the 910 earpad pretty comfy but they are not as comfortable as the WH-1000XM3 and slightly snugger than the older model I own.
Hi there, I am having issues with mine, sound quality very distorted have seen others on other sites describing the same issue on these and other models, on other models issue was fixed after a firmware degrade, I had updated the firmware to 2.0.2 think that's the problem, any help appreciated

Jun 15, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #96 of 96

Just to correct you. H910N was the first in the line-up to use an all new 25mm driver. While old H900N uses standard 40mm driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back