Sony WH-1000XM4 discussion and reviews
Aug 20, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #92 of 634
You also give up dual-connection with LDAC.

To me, that's only a minor concern.
My main source is my Xperia 1 II and if a call does come in, it's already connected.
I'll rarely have it connected to either my iMac, MacBook Pro or iPad Pro at the same time.
But if possible to activate this feature would be a plus.
It's been done already from other manufactures.

Aug 20, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #93 of 634
Mine have been fine as well, but I’m using AAC with an iPhone 11 Pro and an iPad Pro. 10 hours in and no problems at all. Also, the range is really good.

Hello.

Can you connecting with two devices? I can't. I have iphone and MacBook pro and only can connecting with one device. I trying resetting to factory setting but the problem isn't going away, is same as before.

Aug 20, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #95 of 634
Did you enable it in the Sony app?

I only connecting with the app in my iPhone but don't changing nothing else. Is necessary doing more for 2 devices? Thank you.

Aug 20, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #97 of 634
Yes, you need to flip the enabling switch in the app.

Thank you very much!! I don't seeing that button before and now is working perfectly.

Aug 20, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #98 of 634
DUDE! I was literally going to post this, but you beat me to it. I ended up returning it last night, as I was experiencing the EXACT same thing from the Right speaker as well. It was a very noticeable white noise/loud ANC effect from the Right side that I was not able to get rid of doing much of the same as you did. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the early builds or if it's some type of firmware issue. One thing that I found interesting, is the sensor to pause when removing the headphones is only on one side, so perhaps it has something to do with the different internal cup shape and how the ANC responds to each.

So sad for Sony to spend 2 years devolopong something that should have taken 1 year and still dropping the ball on quality

Aug 20, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #100 of 634
This is not the case for everyone.
Both hifi80sman and I just happened to be one of the unlucky ones...the luck of the draw.
As mentioned, second pair is working perfectly.
Keep us posted. I was going to try the "Silver" pair and see if it was any different. Anyone else get that color?

Aug 21, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #101 of 634
This is not the case for everyone.
Both hifi80sman and I just happened to be one of the unlucky ones...the luck of the draw.
As mentioned, second pair is working perfectly.
OMG it seems that this issue is back from XM3: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/por...-loud-hiss-from-noise-cancelling/td-p/2533322

I returned my XM3 back in July 2019 for this exact same hissing right cup, along with a ton of other people. After long research, it turned out to be moisture forming in the ear-cup and becoming conductive after a while, due to specific ear sizes and weather conditions. I returned two pairs, and both came back with the exact same issue, after finally giving up for the PX7.

My pair is coming today, if I had known before, I would have cancelled my pre-order.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #102 of 634
OMG it seems that this issue is back from XM3: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/por...-loud-hiss-from-noise-cancelling/td-p/2533322

I returned my XM3 back in July 2019 for this exact same hissing right cup, along with a ton of other people. After long research, it turned out to be moisture forming in the ear-cup and becoming conductive after a while, due to specific ear sizes and weather conditions. I returned two pairs, and both came back with the exact same issue, after finally giving up for the PX7.

My pair is coming today, if I had known before, I would have cancelled my pre-order.

As I mentioned, my second one isn't experiencing any issues.
I've been working them out too... continuous listening for over 6 hrs.
My WH-1000XM3 didn't have any issues either...had them for almost two weeks.

Aug 21, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #104 of 634
Been testing for few hours. Only issue that I got is with the touch sensor. When I put the right hand to cover the right ear cup to let external noise in, it sometimes mistakes it for speak to chat activation/deactivation which should be triggered only by the two fingers resting on the touch pad. Do you get the same issue?

Aug 21, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #105 of 634
Been testing for few hours. Only issue that I got is with the touch sensor. When I put the right hand to cover the right ear cup to let external noise in, it sometimes mistakes it for speak to chat activation/deactivation which should be triggered only by the two fingers resting on the touch pad. Do you get the same issue?

I have not experienced the issue.
Placing/holding two fingers activates and deactivates "Speak to Chat" and placing hand over right ear cup activates "Quick Attention"
Working as designed.

FYI for anyone who needs this:
*The video below will explain the operating functions of the WH-1000XM4:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back