Sony WF-1000XM5
Dec 25, 2023 at 4:42 AM Post #931 of 1,029
But that exactly what I said. With Team Fortress 2 at 120hz, there's not difference beetween this and the Momentum 4 with Aptx Adaptive in low latency.

Hmm, that's weird, maybe it's lower than with other buds, and you don't notice it, but I can still notice it (Intel AX201 BT 5.2 board).

I'm waiting for LC3, that would be awesome to have and to be able to use!

Dec 25, 2023 at 4:48 AM Post #932 of 1,029
Hmm, that's weird, maybe it's lower than with other buds, and you don't notice it, but I can still notice it (Intel AX201 BT 5.2 board).

I'm waiting for LC3, that would be awesome to have and to be able to use!
Oh yes, definitely! My motherboard also comes with BT 5.2, but I have no ideia if it will support LC3 (and I really wish apple would support other codecs)

EDIT: My board is AX210, not sure if it makes a difference.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #934 of 1,029
Oh yes, definitely! My motherboard also comes with BT 5.2, but I have no ideia if it will support LC3 (and I really wish apple would support other codecs)

EDIT: My board is AX210, not sure if it makes a difference.
Same. Many people wish Apple would use other codecs. Unfortunately, they like to control that side. Usually if I have heard of people using LDAC they own an Android product.

Dec 25, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #936 of 1,029
Tips comment/question: For the XM4, I most often used the Comply Foams medium for Sony when needing ANC. When not, the Spinfits 360 mediums were good. Lost the XM4s and are generally happy with the XM5s. So far the most efficient for ANC are the stock tips (large) and they are also doing well according the test in the app. However, the Comply medium doesn't give that airtight fit for the left ear. So I have ordered Comply large size. Just wondered if anybody else have had the same experience? (Cannot check with the XM4s as they got lost).
Happy holidays :)
PS while the stocks are fine wrt ANC, they quickly become uncomfortable to my ears.

Dec 25, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #937 of 1,029
Tips comment/question: For the XM4, I most often used the Comply Foams medium for Sony when needing ANC. When not, the Spinfits 360 mediums were good. Lost the XM4s and are generally happy with the XM5s. So far the most efficient for ANC are the stock tips (large) and they are also doing well according the test in the app. However, the Comply medium doesn't give that airtight fit for the left ear. So I have ordered Comply large size. Just wondered if anybody else have had the same experience? (Cannot check with the XM4s as they got lost).
Happy holidays :)
PS while the stocks are fine wrt ANC, they quickly become uncomfortable to my ears.
Funny side note for you …factory Technics AZ80 tips fit on the XM5’s. They offer the same ANC experience as the stock Sony tips, but turn the cumbersome process of getting XM5’s into your ears into a comfortable and enjoyable one-handed affair.

I think the stock XM5 tips are fine, but for a “mobile audio” experience when you’re on the move and need to get them in/out quickly and get a good seal …they’re terrible. Great for listening while stationary, but terrible for anything else.

Dec 25, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #939 of 1,029
Eartips that coming with the 1000xm5 are the same like the xm4 and are those Sony EP-NI1000, right ?
No, the ones for the xm5 are Sony EP-NI1010.
s-l1600.jpg

Does anyone know the codename for the silver ones?
I only found black on ebay from japan.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #941 of 1,029
I'm having fit issues with the AirPod Pro2 where I can hear the sound of friction between the tips and my ears when I'm walking around using multiple types of tips. Sounds like a "swish" in my ears every time I take a step. So I am thinking of picking up the XM5, but I was wondering if anyone can comment if they experience the same thing or are they locked in and mostly silent?

Dec 28, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #942 of 1,029
I'm having fit issues with the AirPod Pro2 where I can hear the sound of friction between the tips and my ears when I'm walking around using multiple types of tips. Sounds like a "swish" in my ears every time I take a step. So I am thinking of picking up the XM5, but I was wondering if anyone can comment if they experience the same thing or are they locked in and mostly silent?
Mine are silent in my ears, but I don't use the included tips and use Azla SednaEarfit Max Standard instead.

Dec 28, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #943 of 1,029
For anyone thats having trouble with the sonys falling out or have trouble getting them out of the case, try the Technics az80s.. The az80s are the first buds Ive ever bought that stay in my ears and getting them out of the case are 10x easier as you can grip much more of the buds and the magnets are very weak compared to the sony xm4 (Im guessing the xm5s are even trickier to get out with them being slippier and smaller).. The az80s are bigger buds but because of the design they look smaller and for me they fit much flusher inside the ears than the xm4s..

Basically the az80s are a awesome design as they kind of snap in the ears like magnets and because of this you dont need tight fitting tips. I normally use large tips, but I can use either small or medium tips and still get a really good seal and much much easier to put in the ear as they just slip in without any pushing and no twisting either to get them to stay in. Im a wheelchair user and I think I could go across a bumpy field without the az80s falling out or even coming loose from my ears.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #945 of 1,029
I actually just ordered these tips for myself. How's the sound isolation in comparison with the stock foam tips?
I've never even tried the foam, never liked foam.

Isolation bit more than the Spinfit CP100 I was using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back