Sony WF-1000XM5
Nov 15, 2023 at 11:51 PM Post #841 of 1,058
Wow, this would be awesome if it stops the drops
It doesn't stop the dropouts, but it got better.
I don't use multi-point, so i can't tell if this still makes a difference.

Nov 16, 2023 at 1:04 AM Post #843 of 1,058
Yep,

I had trouble connecting again.

Trouble connecting sounds a lot more serious than a few drops in the signal. I never encountered issues at this level with these buds.

Nov 16, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #844 of 1,058
Trouble connecting sounds a lot more serious than a few drops in the signal. I never encountered issues at this level with these buds.
Reading the reviews I got the impression that the connection is rock solid (improved over the M4) - wondering if this a SmartPhone issue?

Nov 16, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #845 of 1,058
Reading the reviews I got the impression that the connection is rock solid (improved over the M4) - wondering if this a SmartPhone issue?
I get flawless operation with my S23+, no drops at LDAC660 and can use LDAC990 if just at home, not moving around a lot.

Currently using for 60% of my listening over my high-end wired kit, just for convenience coupled with excellent sound.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #847 of 1,058
Starting to see reports on Reddit of battery issues on the XM5, can anyone confirm? My XM4s are at Allstate (Squaretrade) right now waiting on them to evaluate and I ordered a pair of XM5s that are being delivered today. I did add the 2 year warranty JIK but hoping it's not deja vu all over again. The XM5s are the first pair of "new" headphones I've bought in a long time.

Nov 16, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #848 of 1,058
Starting to see reports on Reddit of battery issues on the XM5, can anyone confirm? My XM4s are at Allstate (Squaretrade) right now waiting on them to evaluate and I ordered a pair of XM5s that are being delivered today. I did add the 2 year warranty JIK but hoping it's not deja vu all over again. The XM5s are the first pair of "new" headphones I've bought in a long time.
For me they are definitely the best earphones I've ever had. No battery problems and with the latest update in my opinion they sound even better!

Nov 16, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #849 of 1,058

Slight differences are ok, the buds don't usually go more than 10% between each other.

Nov 16, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #851 of 1,058
Wwith Sony a306 DAP, using the bluetooth function in android when setting the connection quality, I’m now seeing options for Aptx and Aptxhd with these IEMs. I don’t recall having those options before. When I go to the Sony Headphones App, it shows the codec as aac. Weird.

Nov 17, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #852 of 1,058
Wwith Sony a306 DAP, using the bluetooth function in android when setting the connection quality, I’m now seeing options for Aptx and Aptxhd with these IEMs. I don’t recall having those options before. When I go to the Sony Headphones App, it shows the codec as aac. Weird.
Have you changed in sound settings to priorize on sound quality?

Nov 17, 2023 at 6:29 AM Post #854 of 1,058
Yes. I don’t have any problems with LDAC. Shows LDAC on player and app. Setting the player to AptxHD or Aptx gives me AAC. SBC gives me SBC

Nov 18, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #855 of 1,058
Love these, using them with my Z Fold 5. No connection drops or other issues of note. Noise cancelling is excellent too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back