Sony WF-1000XM5
Sep 13, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #573 of 1,029
The XM5's dont come with a protective mesh around the nozzle like my XM3's did, I'd hate to clog the nozzle with ear wax.
I know, but even the protective mesh wasn't easy to clean. My lesson learned is to clean my ears :sunglasses: When traveling I use the comfy foams with mesh....

Sep 13, 2023 at 5:40 PM Post #574 of 1,029
I know, but even the protective mesh wasn't easy to clean. My lesson learned is to clean my ears :sunglasses: When traveling I use the comfy foams with mesh....
Yes ear cleaning is mandatory, I went with the AZ80 from Technics, I get them tomorrow, I can't wait :).

Sep 14, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #575 of 1,029
looks like they sell parts. I will try contacting Sony. new XM5s useless
Yes, they're a US parts source if you want to buy just one earbud out of warranty.

I think XM5 a different listen, with a little EQing you might like them better. These are 2 EQ settings that really helped for me:
0 -1 -1 0 -2 Clear Bass -2 ()
0 -1 -2 -1 1 Clear Bass 4 (https://markellisreviews.com/sony-wf-1000xm5-review-better-than-airpods-pro-2/)

I use 0 -1 1 -1 2 Clear Bass -3 with SpinFit CP100

Sep 16, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #577 of 1,029
I've been having the same issues and have started to try other tips. The ones included were good but they eventually started to slide out and not feel secured.

Would you say they are thicker? Is the NC better than with the spinfits? I have both the spinfits you mentioned and while they conform well to the inside of the ear, they do slide out, probably due to being thinner and putting less pressure on your ears.
Possibly a little firmer. I would say the noise cancelling is about the same. But I'm still having a problem with these slipping out. Not as bad, but they do pop out a little. I actually have to wipe the inside of my ears with toilet paper and the same to the tips every time I where them for any sort of grip.

I did order the non TWS Comply TsX 400's in sport because I think they should still fit the case and I know they're bigger so I'll report back tomorrow.
Can you please report on sonic qualities of Max ASMR, I assume these are tips you are using. Are they brighter?
I'm no expert, but I would say maybe a little. I know with complies, they go very dark, so I'd say it's a big improvement over the stock tips.
Have you tried the Sedna Xelastic? Bought them awhile ago, but they never fitted me well (neither B&O EX or XM4) and I ended up using Spinfits 360 most of the time for both. However, for the XM5s, I have just tried them and as they are somewhat sticky, they seem to make a better fit. According to the Sony app fitting test, I got it right the first time.....
Yes, they weren't very comfortable for me. Too stiff and a little painful.

Sep 17, 2023 at 2:48 AM Post #578 of 1,029
Possibly a little firmer. I would say the noise cancelling is about the same. But I'm still having a problem with these slipping out. Not as bad, but they do pop out a little. I actually have to wipe the inside of my ears with toilet paper and the same to the tips every time I where them for any sort of grip.

I did order the non TWS Comply TsX 400's in sport because I think they should still fit the case and I know they're bigger so I'll report back tomorrow.

I'm no expert, but I would say maybe a little. I know with complies, they go very dark, so I'd say it's a big improvement over the stock tips.

Yes, they weren't very comfortable for me. Too stiff and a little painful.
Forget the toilet paper 😉 I tried them all (spinfit cp100, cp360, Azla sednearfit max, Sony ep-ex11) and there was never the certainty of consistently passing the test on both ears. I purchased the Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec on Amazon and now I no longer have this problem. They are practically glued tightly into the ear canal!

Sep 17, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #579 of 1,029
well i took my XM5 for a ride in the S-Bahn (subway) and the noise cancellinh performance was pretty damn good. It managed to cancel out most of the train noise and specially in Frankfurt where two subway trains stood ar the same time on the platform.

Sep 17, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #580 of 1,029
I have had the best fit with the xl Spinfit cp360. It’s the only one I can get a consistent seal easily in both ears that stays sealed. What I really need is Sony to make an XL tip for my right ear, I rarely have a seal issue with the L size in my left ear.

Sep 17, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #581 of 1,029
I have had the best fit with the xl Spinfit cp360. It’s the only one I can get a consistent seal easily in both ears that stays sealed. What I really need is Sony to make an XL tip for my right ear, I rarely have a seal issue with the L size in my left ear.

The Sony EP-EX11 comes in a LL size. This what I'm currently using on my XM5.

Sep 17, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #582 of 1,029
The Sony EP-EX11 comes in a LL size. This what I'm currently using on my XM5.
I tried those too but they didn't work for me. I also have a larger right ear canal than the left. With all the eartips I tried, the Sony test never passed. With the Azla Xelastec, even in the L version, there is always the perfect seal on both ears, even after a run!

Sep 17, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #583 of 1,029
I'm curious if people are prioritizing fit over the risk of ear wax getting in the nozzles. A lot of these tips I keep reading don't have a protective mesh. That's a deal breaker for me personally.

I also +1 that Sony needs an XL size, but wonder if it'd fit in the case? I've tried the Azla Senda Max tips because it has a mesh, but it has clearly inferior bass to my ears, can't do it. I've also considered the comply tips, but have tried plenty of comply tips in the past and don't like how they darken the sound.

So sticking with the large stock tips despite them breaking seal at times. Annoying that the fit of the WF-1000X has gone backwards. Never had this problem with the XM4, it was solid with the medium stock tips. But the sound quality of the XM5 is too good to switch back. Dang you Sony.

Sep 17, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #584 of 1,029
I'm curious if people are prioritizing fit over the risk of ear wax getting in the nozzles. A lot of these tips I keep reading don't have a protective mesh. That's a deal breaker for me personally.

I also +1 that Sony needs an XL size, but wonder if it'd fit in the case? I've tried the Azla Senda Max tips because it has a mesh, but it has clearly inferior bass to my ears, can't do it. I've also considered the comply tips, but have tried plenty of comply tips in the past and don't like how they darken the sound.

So sticking with the large stock tips despite them breaking seal at times. Annoying that the fit of the WF-1000X has gone backwards. Never had this problem with the XM4, it was solid with the medium stock tips. But the sound quality of the XM5 is too good to switch back. Dang you Sony.
I followed tip back in thread and use a piece of material cut out of stockings, held in across the nozzles with the tips.

Works for me with my Spinfit tips. Cut to right size, looks fine.

Sep 17, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #585 of 1,029
Trx (?) 400 comfort + complies fit in the case. They just need to be pushed down a very tiny bit.

But they hold in my ear much much better than the trugrip pro.

I have the eq pumped up on the right side and it’s not as bad as I thought it would be.

The noise isolation however is much better than the silicon tips.

I’ll cycle tomorrow then push day in the gym on Tuesday, report back then!

Overall, I think these will be my go to. I have no sense of them falling out.

Attachments

• IMG_2026.png
    IMG_2026.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back