Sony WF-1000XM5
Sep 3, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #541 of 1,029
Thank you.
What about answer gesture? Is there the possibility to answer a call from the earbud? (right or left).

You shake your head up-down once to accept a call, or left-right to reject it.

Sep 3, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #544 of 1,029
!!
Finally!

I’ve tried:

Stock L/Comply L - not the most secure and eventually fall out

CP360’s L - not a secure fit, fall out quickly

CP360’s XL - stay in longer/still fall out, uncomfy

CP100’s L - not very secure, slide out easily

CP100’s XL - more secure, still slide out, and very uncomfortable

Sony silicon L - not too secure, slide out easily

The Sony L silicons (XM3?) would hold the Linkbuds S pretty well, but the XM5’s seem to rely entirely on the tip.

The worst part with all of them’s that when walking, they move with the XM5’s and I can hear extra vibration almost like a bounce when walking. It drove me nuts.

I had been really close to giving up and going back to the Linkbuds S…

Sedna Earfit max ASMR L- solid fit and minimal movement sounds!

The plastic seems very high quality and not flimsy like the spinfits.

They actually make a gentle suction sound when removing. They’re incredibly comfortable and the buds rest closer to my ear because they’re shorter. It feels like the housing of the bud actually can rest on my ear taking less work off the ear tip.

They’re supposed to have acoustic benefits (treble & I like a brighter presentation) as well, so I’ll be listening for those next.

I’ll report back if they stay in place in the bike tomorrow, but I think I have a winner!

Picture 1 - CP100 L, max ASMR L
Picture 2 - CP360 XL, max ASMR L, Sony L

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Sep 4, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #545 of 1,029
Forgive the really lame voice to text here, but even though I didn’t cycle today because department sporting good stores bike pumps don’t work so well on 70 psi gravel bike tires that are 38 mm ha ha.

Anyway, I was a little irritated and angry this morning, so I went for a run, which is not something I normally do.

That said, I’m pretty sure they’ll hold up cycling because I only had to adjust them one time and that was 20 minutes into the run after I drink a cuppa coffee at Panera.

And I didn’t have to adjust them until I had had two big bites of an apple at home.

Wireless headphones or any monitors are great, but unless they fit well, oh what an irritation, they actually are and a distraction and a bummer and just a bunch of butt.

When you finally get that fit and you don’t have to mess with them, you can actually listen to the music maybe that’s actually the purpose of audio file grade wires they just last longer so even though you have to pay a lot more for the cable, you never have to replace it.

But yeah, these things are incredible for me anyway.

on my way to the gym here in a bit and I will just add my thoughts after that.

The earwax guard did do its job ha ha!

Happy Labor Day guys and girls.

Sep 4, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #546 of 1,029
The worst part with all of them’s that when walking, they move with the XM5’s and I can hear extra vibration almost like a bounce when walking. It drove me nuts.
I've been having the same issues and have started to try other tips. The ones included were good but they eventually started to slide out and not feel secured.
The plastic seems very high quality and not flimsy like the spinfits.
Would you say they are thicker? Is the NC better than with the spinfits? I have both the spinfits you mentioned and while they conform well to the inside of the ear, they do slide out, probably due to being thinner and putting less pressure on your ears.

Sep 4, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #548 of 1,029
Forgive the really lame voice to text here, but even though I didn’t cycle today because department sporting good stores bike pumps don’t work so well on 70 psi gravel bike tires that are 38 mm ha ha.

Anyway, I was a little irritated and angry this morning, so I went for a run, which is not something I normally do.

That said, I’m pretty sure they’ll hold up cycling because I only had to adjust them one time and that was 20 minutes into the run after I drink a cuppa coffee at Panera.

And I didn’t have to adjust them until I had had two big bites of an apple at home.

Wireless headphones or any monitors are great, but unless they fit well, oh what an irritation, they actually are and a distraction and a bummer and just a bunch of butt.

When you finally get that fit and you don’t have to mess with them, you can actually listen to the music maybe that’s actually the purpose of audio file grade wires they just last longer so even though you have to pay a lot more for the cable, you never have to replace it.

But yeah, these things are incredible for me anyway.

on my way to the gym here in a bit and I will just add my thoughts after that.

The earwax guard did do its job ha ha!

Happy Labor Day guys and girls.
Can you please report on sonic qualities of Max ASMR, I assume these are tips you are using. Are they brighter?

Sep 6, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #552 of 1,029
The old silicon tips from the XM3’s worked great on the linkbuds S for me. I was able to cycle without a head tie and they stayed put.

These just like to kinda fall out. The old XM3 silicons for at first, then fall out. Large spinfit 360’s almost stay in, Xtra large do better, but they’re a little painful. Comply larges fall right out too. :/

Anyone tried these?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0C5H9MXGP/

I really miss my Linkbuds S. :/ They didn’t carry me off into la la land like the XM5’s, but they at least stayed put.

Anyone have any luck with other tips? I don’t wanna go back to a head tie. :/

Thanks and happy Sunday everyone!
Have you tried the Sedna Xelastic? Bought them awhile ago, but they never fitted me well (neither B&O EX or XM4) and I ended up using Spinfits 360 most of the time for both. However, for the XM5s, I have just tried them and as they are somewhat sticky, they seem to make a better fit. According to the Sony app fitting test, I got it right the first time.....

Sep 8, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #554 of 1,029
it does not have an explicit wind mode like xm4. However, based on ai, it should learn and improve noise against wind... We will see.
Initially, I missed the "wind button" as on the XM4. However, for me the automated function on the XM5 works fine....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back