Sony WF-1000XM5
Mar 29, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #1,022 of 1,029
In my case yes. It started getting better at 40 hrs and improved more from there. However they never sounded edgy to me, tight yes.
I'm noticing my warranty replacement pair is not sounding as good out of the box. Need to let them play all weekend to get them back to where they were.

Apr 3, 2024 at 7:15 AM Post #1,023 of 1,029
Update 3.2.1 available

1. Expanded the range of devices with LE Audio support.
  2. Improved the Bluetooth connection stability under specific conditions.
  3. Potentially destroying your battery

Update takes about 40 minutes. I could format and reinstall a new operating system in less time.
Screenshot_20240403_121259_Headphones.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #1,024 of 1,029
Update 3.2.1 available

1. Expanded the range of devices with LE Audio support.
  2. Improved the Bluetooth connection stability under specific conditions.
  3. Potentially destroying your battery

Update takes about 40 minutes. I could format and reinstall a new operating system in less time.
Screenshot_20240403_121259_Headphones.jpg
Not available in Denmark yet, here the newest is 3.0.1

Apr 10, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #1,027 of 1,029
I am normally a wired IEM user but bought a set of XM5 duty free when returning after a holiday last October. I haven’t used them much but recently started messing with EQ in the app to try and make them closer to my preferred sound with wired IEM.

I ended up with the below which was based on an EQ I saw a page or two back but with a tiny touch more bass than in that suggested EQ offset by a bit more treble to add a little top end sparkle which is my preference.

Might be worth a try for someone.

IMG_0380.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #1,028 of 1,029
Question:
Anyone use Wavelet EQ app with their WF-1000XM5?
Please share...thanks!
Yes, there is a profile. I recently got a pair of XM5s, after being a user of XM4s and loving them. The XM5s are an amazing improvement in so many ways. With the Wavelet target profile, compared to the XM4, it doesn't change in character nearly as drastically. In otherwards, Sony did a much better job with these as far as getting them closer to a reasonable flat response untouched. Wavelet of course snaps it into focus. For me on the XM4s, I found I had to trim the HF down about .5db to remove what I felt was some excess in that region. Here the same tuning is necessary but in the bass region, about .5db ....tiny correction, leaving deep bass alone. Result is incredible, and surpassing the XM4 in clarity, perceived distortion levels, resolution -- and comfort.

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #1,029 of 1,029
Anyone have problems with google assistant not working?

Usually I just hold the right bud and it reads the notifications, but today that did not work.

Also not responding to hey google.. so set it up again. press and hold right bud, get the beep but no assistant.

same issue on another phone. android 11 and 12.

tried amazon alexa, that worked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back