Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Oct 4, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #2,506 of 3,023
Hooo. Can you give me advice on equalizer settings ?
I really like there Sony,
Should I use sony music app or hrmm I think I have dbpower amp on my android,

Mfire
Iam new to earbuds. Need to learn.
You might want to start by playing around in the Sony app, trying out the preset EQs to see which is closer to what you like. Then you can take that as a starting point and customize in the app. Just a suggestion.

Oct 4, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #2,508 of 3,023
Okydoke,

Using now, .

Can. Ask?
Does anyone buy into using
Sony LDAC codec, not sure if I noticed any difference ,
There is a bit of debate about how noticeable the benefit is over aptX-HD, but all other things being equal I think using LDAC (with highest quality setting in Android developer options) is a good idea. If you do not have a source that supports LDAC then running one of the aptX codecs is good.

Oct 4, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #2,509 of 3,023
There is a bit of debate about how noticeable the benefit is over aptX-HD, but all other things being equal I think using LDAC (with highest quality setting in Android developer options) is a good idea. If you do not have a source that supports LDAC then running one of the aptX codecs is good.
And aac from Apple devices is also perfectly fine but ldac from a Sony dap is better

Oct 4, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #2,510 of 3,023
And aac from Apple devices is also perfectly fine but ldac from a Sony dap is better
Absolutely! Since the OG question was about LDAC I assumed the poster was an Android user. But yes, AAC is very good (and also a demonstration of how the quality of the codec is as, or more, important than the bit rate…. :)). But I will quietly back away before I inflame a religious war…!

Oct 4, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #2,511 of 3,023
I have android 12
Set Bluetooth to LDAC
I chose developers options.
Chose LDAC 990 highest.

No dropouts so far.
Sony app tells me using LDAC.

To be honest. I can’t tell diff..l between LDAC and aac.

I have 16bit and 24bit hires albums.
Gonna have to give the Sony a rest. Still got ear pain and headache from using those stock tips.
Feels like someone’s rammed a pencil in my ear.
Oh what fun.

Oct 4, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #2,512 of 3,023
I have android 12
Set Bluetooth to LDAC
I chose developers options.
Chose LDAC 990 highest.

No dropouts so far.
Sony app tells me using LDAC.

To be honest. I can’t tell diff..l between LDAC and aac.

I have 16bit and 24bit hires albums.
Gonna have to give the Sony a rest. Still got ear pain and headache from using those stock tips.
Feels like someone’s rammed a pencil in my ear.
Oh what fun.
Everyone’s ears are different. If after a few days the discomfort continues, then clearly these are not the TWS for you…. Are you still within a return period?

Oct 4, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #2,513 of 3,023
Everyone’s ears are different. If after a few days the discomfort continues, then clearly these are not the TWS for you…. Are you still within a return period?
Yep. Had these a week, I have 30 days.
Just tried my mates jbl live pro 2 tws, bloody marvellous,
Used fresh tips, isolation it really good, no ear pressure,.

I think the problem for me with the Sony is that they are just too bulbous , for blocking sound.
I think they are going back.
Shame but discomfort is too mcm.

May try the jbl for few days, these feel really good.

Oct 4, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #2,514 of 3,023
Yep. Had these a week, I have 30 days.
Just tried my mates jbl live pro 2 tws, bloody marvellous,
Used fresh tips, isolation it really good, no ear pressure,.

I think the problem for me with the Sony is that they are just too bulbous , for blocking sound.
I think they are going back.
Shame but discomfort is too mcm.

May try the jbl for few days, these feel really good.
hi, i got a similar experience when i got my 1000xm4.
felt a little disconfort for about 10-15 days. After that it got ok and haven't felt anything since. other solution would be to change the stock foam tip..
i have the azla xelastec and sometimes put on the earbud and is also great (even though i fell i lose some isolation and affects a little the anc). i also have the comply truegrip foam tip, but i prefer the stock eartip

Oct 4, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #2,515 of 3,023
hi, i got a similar experience when i got my 1000xm4.
felt a little disconfort for about 10-15 days. After that it got ok and haven't felt anything since. other solution would be to change the stock foam tip..
i have the azla xelastec and sometimes put on the earbud and is also great (even though i fell i lose some isolation and affects a little the anc). i also have the comply truegrip foam tip, but i prefer the stock eartip

The problem with the Sony is
to get noise isolation working. I have to push them in deep, otherwise ancient doesn't work,
its that which is causing pressure.
headache and pain now easing.
ears feel tender.
no matter will just move on.

Oct 4, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #2,516 of 3,023
The problem with the Sony is
to get noise isolation working. I have to push them in deep, otherwise ancient doesn't work,
its that which is causing pressure.
headache and pain now easing.
ears feel tender.
no matter will just move on.
Good luck!

Oct 4, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #2,517 of 3,023
I need some help guys.
Ok my partner brought me these wf-1000xm4.
My problem is ear pain, small stock foam too small no noise canc.... tinny sound.
Medium tips. Virtually same problem.
Large tips. Good isolation, sounds amazing, but.... can’t use for more than 30 mins, feels like pressure, then ear ache. Which then starts to hurt, then follows an headache behind my eyes.

Looked online I heard that spinfit cp360 might work.
So I bought them.
Spinfit cp360

Medium tip poor isolation tinny sound.
Large tip good isolation better comfort, but sound has changed, lost bass with increase in high freq....
Love the sound of these ear buds but. Ohhh

Help?
Please try azla crystal (standard version) or azla max (standard version too).

Oct 5, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #2,518 of 3,023
thanxs will look for azla tips.
meanwhile Ian sitting in waiting room gp.
headache wont go off.
ears feel bunged up
sharp stabbing pain side of right ear.

I think I had this problem a week before using the Sony.
see what doc say.
probably an ear infection.

see what he say.

Oct 5, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #2,519 of 3,023
I need some help guys.
Ok my partner brought me these wf-1000xm4.
My problem is ear pain, small stock foam too small no noise canc.... tinny sound.
Medium tips. Virtually same problem.
Large tips. Good isolation, sounds amazing, but.... can’t use for more than 30 mins, feels like pressure, then ear ache. Which then starts to hurt, then follows an headache behind my eyes.

Looked online I heard that spinfit cp360 might work.
So I bought them.
Spinfit cp360

Medium tip poor isolation tinny sound.
Large tip good isolation better comfort, but sound has changed, lost bass with increase in high freq....
Love the sound of these ear buds but. Ohhh

Help?
Final type e tips are good silicone tips that retain low end sound. Foam have good bass. Final type e are silicone, but still have good bass. Better treble than foam, but not as good as wide bore silicone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back