Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Jan 7, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #2,011 of 2,999
Are these susceptible to wind noise with the ANC on? Looking for a new TWS pair as my Jabra 75t isn't what I want when it comes to ANC. Thanks.
It definitely doesn’t totally eliminate it, but seems to make it tolerable….

Jan 8, 2022 at 8:08 AM Post #2,012 of 2,999
Ive just received this wireless charger and the buds seem to be charging fine, but they are only being charged at 5watts though apparently........ https://www.amazon.co.uk/yootech-Wireless-Qi-Certified-Charging-Compatible/dp/B07PXZ2HRH/ref=sr_1_37?keywords=qi+wireless+charger&qid=1641603637&sprefix=qi,aps,128&sr=8-37

Image.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022 at 8:56 AM Post #2,013 of 2,999
Okay nvm, found my xm3's turns out i left it at my condo...

Jan 8, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #2,014 of 2,999
Has anyone got a problem or had a problem with the right ear part making a kind of wind sound in ANC and ambient sound. It’s just started to happen and I can not get it to stop. It like a wind change sound and only does it in the right ear. Tried a hard reset where you plug it into power and lift and close the lid 5 times and still doing it. I am sitting here in a quiet room as I type this with them in and it’s doing it all the time.

Only had them 2 weeks.

Jan 8, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #2,015 of 2,999
Has anyone got a problem or had a problem with the right ear part making a kind of wind sound in ANC and ambient sound. It’s just started to happen and I can not get it to stop. It like a wind change sound and only does it in the right ear. Tried a hard reset where you plug it into power and lift and close the lid 5 times and still doing it. I am sitting here in a quiet room as I type this with them in and it’s doing it all the time.

Only had them 2 weeks.
That happens on mine when I enable ambient mode but after 20secs or so it goes away. Mine has always done this and its the right bud, but Ive just tried ambient mode now and there's no noise coming from the right bud, so typical.:relaxed:

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #2,017 of 2,999
I get pair for these free from sony, but mine pair, the NC just goes on and off, or may be the ambient sound, the sound just goes dim a little and back to normal. i havent time to mess around with the functions so not sure if something is wrong with it.

May be someone can help with this. thanks

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #2,018 of 2,999
Well sending these back as there’s something up with the right ear part as it keeps popping with this sort of wind sound. The bonus is Amazon Italy has these at £40 cheaper than I paid In The uk. So I will get them for £160 which is better than £200 in the uk. I just hope these don’t fail me a 2nd time.

Jan 9, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #2,019 of 2,999
I get pair for these free from sony, but mine pair, the NC just goes on and off, or may be the ambient sound, the sound just goes dim a little and back to normal. i havent time to mess around with the functions so not sure if something is wrong with it.

May be someone can help with this. thanks
You may have Adaptive Sound Control enabled in the app. If enabled, the earphone will turn ambient on/off, etc., automatically when it learns/detects that you will need it.

Jan 9, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #2,020 of 2,999
Ive also noticed quite qften when the buds automatically connects to my long range transmitter the vol on one of the buds is quiter then the other and would have to reconnect them again to get them at the same volume level..... I didnt have this problem with my Cambridge Audio buds.

Jan 11, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #2,023 of 2,999
Thanks for the heads up Magic!

Tip update:
I tried the AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC’s and Final Audio Type E’s. Neither worked well. One of them would eventually fall out and the other just felt too uncomfortable and rough.

The Comply large Truefit Pros did not work out so well for me with the XM3’s as they would tend to fall out. I always figured it had to do with the uneven weight distribution of the XM3.

The XM4’s stock Hybrid large would eventually fall out of my left ear and leaked sound.

The large Complys not only stay in my funky left ear, they actually form a perfect seal! I don’t run, but they do not fall out or slip at all during ab workouts or yoga stuff.

I remember reading that the best way to put foamies in was to push down on the front port of the nozzle and smoosh the foam away and back from the port. This way the foam wouldn’t get in the way of the port. If I do that with these, they will fall out.

For them to stay in, I have to push straight down against the nozzle’s side. I usually push down and squish once, then rotate and push one more time. Then pull back on my ear and open my jaw. Then of course just hold in place for awhile…then gently release.

I do not notice the foam getting in the way of the nozzle and messing with the sound.

Even with the AirPod pros and their special Complys, I never got a perfect seal and they would fall out. I had to use a head tie to keep them in, especially when cycling.

I know a lot of folks don’t care for the foam because of the inconvenient insertion, durability, and what it might do to the sound.

For me, the seal and “stay put” factor outweigh the length of time to put them in.

I’ve never really had much issue with them lasting a long time, but I do a few things.

First of all, I usually let a little soap in my ears when I shower. Then gently let the water hit my open palm and into my ear, turn my head, then empty my canal out. I rinse a few times on each side. That has a tremendous effect on the amount of ear wax left on the tips.

Before I put them in, I wipe down my ear canal a little bit with a spinning motion of Kleenex.

When I remove them, I always knock off the remaining ear wax with my finger and sometimes a very slightly damp paper towel.

As far as the sound, I don’t care for a warm signature. I prefer a lively, energetic, and brighter sound, so here’s what my EQ looks like:

13FC885A-DE45-4E07-B3DC-FC708B81F57E.png

Also, I’ve been using Pandora and Amazon Music lately instead of Spotify and have noticed a couple things:

Pandora: definite reduction in SQ, but the music discovery’s incredible. Much better than Spotify. So I use it to find new stuff.

Amazon Music: I really thought their HD tracks wouldn’t be noticeable, but I don’t think I give Apple’s implementation for AAC nearly enough credit as I did notice an obvious uptick in quality. Mostly in the dynamics, but it’s there.

What EQ’s and streaming services have you guys used? I’m going to try out the 360 thing after the firmware updates.

Happy Tuesday guys!!

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #2,025 of 2,999
This is the first update I have done on my buds and its taking forever todo,,, Surely its not that large in size, I was expecting a few MBs?
I just did it and it took about 30 minutes to download to my phone and then about 1 minute to update the buds. No idea how big it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back