Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Jan 6, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #1,997 of 2,999
1 of the buds failed to charge last night and was at 0%, but it was still working, but the touchpad wasn't resonding.. Im not really concerned about this as my other Cambridge buds failed to charge sometimes aswel. but whats annoying was the light came on when putting the bud in the case to tell me was properly seated and charging (NOT)... With my other buds I could tell if they wern't charging as they would stay connected to my transmitter or phone, but theres no telling if these are charging or not, as the led lies.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #2,000 of 2,999
These will be the cheaper alternatives the the xm4' Im guessing, as they can't really improve on the xm4's yet... I think they look ugly especially in gray.

Not gray, white. The lighting is what makes them look grayish.

There is one other unknown WF headset coming, YY2950, supposed to debut around the same time as the new walkmans, perhaps this might be some higher and model since it will also feature noise cancellation.

Jan 6, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #2,001 of 2,999
1 of the buds failed to charge last night and was at 0%, but it was still working, but the touchpad wasn't resonding.. Im not really concerned about this as my other Cambridge buds failed to charge sometimes aswel. but whats annoying was the light came on when putting the bud in the case to tell me was properly seated and charging (NOT)... With my other buds I could tell if they wern't charging as they would stay connected to my transmitter or phone, but theres no telling if these are charging or not, as the led lies.
I see this as well…extremely annoying as you don’t find out until you pop them in at the gym and the bud fails….I have started to doublecheck the seating before I head to the gym so at least I get a 60-70% charge.

Jan 7, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #2,002 of 2,999
I just can not decide as I just find the Sonys I am always trying to play with the eq as they just for some reason don’t sound as musical as the TM2. That base on the TM2 seems more and deeper than the Sonys but retain the crisp highs.

The Sonys have base but don’t seem to go low base if you know what I mean as the TM2 have a more impact base.

Also the highs on the Sony sometimes hert my ears as you need to pump up volume to get them to sound more musical but no problem with the TM2.

I wish I could get the Sony to sound close as they have a excellent app and ANC is just amazing compared to the TM2.

What to do. As I still have time to send the Sony back.

Jan 7, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #2,003 of 2,999
Hi there, new to the thread (and a last resort) so 2 days ago, i lost my wfxm3's (still not sure how or when exactly) but lost or not, it was due for a replacement as you see battery was barely lasting me 4 hours with ambient/nc off.

So earlier i bought me a pair of wf xb700 to use for the mean time while i wait for the xm4 to drop down in price. The moment i turned the xb700s on i knew it wasnt going to be a keeper (very very muffled "power on") didnt really help that sony in my country doesnt authorize customers to try the unit out first. Now i am here today to ask whether its worth to go for the xm4's over other brands (and if it is better to skip, which do you recommend). I find the xb700 to be too bare bones passive iso is good but its too basic plus the fact that its a master-slave type of confog is a huge deal breaker, with my xm3 i would switch beteen earpieces to let the other one charge. Thanks and have a nice and safe day everyone!

I do have some wireless headphones, the m&d mw60 which has been very good (still chugging after 5 years of use with battery still quite excellent).

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #2,004 of 2,999
Was never a fan of how xm3 fit and sounded, metallic at times and too digital sounding also fit was horrendous! Ive had a few instances of it falling off my ear while walking the dogs.

Jan 7, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #2,005 of 2,999
Are these susceptible to wind noise with the ANC on? Looking for a new TWS pair as my Jabra 75t isn't what I want when it comes to ANC. Thanks.

Jan 7, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #2,006 of 2,999
Are these susceptible to wind noise with the ANC on? Looking for a new TWS pair as my Jabra 75t isn't what I want when it comes to ANC. Thanks.
Yes but not as bad as the XM3 and further more they have an anc setting designed to reduce wind noise which does work reasonably well. However if I’m out in wind I just disable anc

Jan 7, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #2,009 of 2,999

Users who are viewing this thread

Back