Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Dec 3, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #1,861 of 2,999
It seems to be getting worse. Before the two buds would keep within 2-3% until the charge started getting very low, but now I'm already at 85 / 80. Should I really be getting such a big difference in battery drain with assistant disabled etc (if that even matters)?
I frequently get up to about 5% difference

Dec 3, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #1,863 of 2,999
It seems to be getting worse. Before the two buds would keep within 2-3% until the charge started getting very low, but now I'm already at 85 / 80. Should I really be getting such a big difference in battery drain with assistant disabled etc (if that even matters)?
I've had over 10%. It depends. Just don't ask me on what 🤔

drftr

Dec 3, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #1,864 of 2,999
You can't be paired with every BT device in the world at once though, you can pair with 8 at a time (the 9th will replace the 1st I would guess, as that's how it normally works). That's not out of the headphones' control, that's their limit. But you can only connect to one at a time. But yes, of course you're right that that's probably what he actually wanted to know.
Not that it matters at all but I'm reading pairings can be close to unlimited but connected devices can be up to 8 and is dependent on the OS. But again, totally irrelevant in this case.

drftr

Dec 3, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #1,865 of 2,999
Alright. It's just weird given that the two should theoretically be doing the same work, and it also means you can never really fully utilize the charge of the left one.
You can, but only if you use them in isolation. I'm not 100% sure but I think I've read the right bud has some control functionality over the left one? Anyone?

drftr

Dec 3, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #1,868 of 2,999
1 reviewer said that Sony says that the included tips are supposed to last a year or a few yrs?
Several here have said they break down already after a month

Dec 3, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #1,869 of 2,999
Alright. It's just weird given that the two should theoretically be doing the same work, and it also means you can never really fully utilize the charge of the left one.
I have multiple pairs of TWS and with all of them individual buds run through their batteries at slightly different rates - could be up to 10% difference in reported remaining battery, but usually within 5%.

Dec 4, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #1,870 of 2,999
The obvious first response is to make sure you have a good seal. Second is that with a good seal it still makes a difference if you use foam vs silicone tips. Third is that your expectations are probably off. For noise abatement, over ear ANC headphones have significant advantages over IEM style. First you have superior passive isolation from the over ear headphones - so right away before applying ANC the headphone style has a big lead. On top of that you have bigger drivers and the potential for more capable circuitry in the headphones.

It really isn’t a fair fight, if what you care about is simply eliminating noise, over ear noise canceling headphones have many advantages, but their size makes them less convenient in some settings. But, on the other hand, while small IEM style buds are at a disadvantage when it comes to eliminating noise, they are way more convenient when small form factor is useful. Choose what is important to you.
I’m more than happy with them. My expectations were off. As you say, it’s really not a fair comparison. Being able to slip them in my pocket is much easier and they sound way better than the XM3,s to me.

Dec 4, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #1,872 of 2,999
Amazon uk have these in for £184.00 at time of posting.
Thanks for the heads up. Last night they were £199. I know someone who works for another retailer selling at same price, so I was considering buying through them as they could get me 12% discount although it would have taken about a week before receiving them. For sake of an extra few pounds I think I’ll go via Amazon - at least i’d have them tomorrow.

Just concerned about fit as i have quite small ears.

Dec 4, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #1,874 of 2,999
Maybe a weird question, but does the case charge the headphones while the case is itself being charged, or how does that work? Should I charge the case when the headphones are full or drained, and should I charge it with the buds in them or not, or does this not matter at all?
They charge together, yes

Dec 4, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #1,875 of 2,999
Just ordered a pair from Amazon. Hopefully I’ll find a good fit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back