Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Nov 27, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #1,816 of 2,999
I used that strategy for quick sets of tips before if I was in a rush. You can also go to an Apple store and ask to try earphones. For hygienic reasons they give you a brand new pair of tips for the demo and you get to keep them. But make sure the earphone you try has the same nozzle size as the ones you intend to use the tips on. Disclaimer: this was before the pandemic so maybe double check with the store if that's still on the table. Amazon shipping is pretty fast nowadays though

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #1,817 of 2,999
IMG_4398.png

You can see the SednaEarfits do not obstruct the sound bore in any way, which for me sorts out any issues with bass bloat or fuzziness on certain tracks that the stock tips have.

Nov 28, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #1,818 of 2,999
So which is the best foam tips for isolation? I have the Comply Truegrips but they don't isolate as much as the stock ones. (and the stock ones barely last a month before falling apart)
The Truegrip hold up to the name, they never lose seal or fall off, but yeah, I need more sound isolation.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #1,827 of 2,999
Are there any comparisons of this to wired counterparts like the EM4XR?
What is EM4XR ?

If you are referring to Etymotics ER4XR my guess is that you probably can’t find 2 more different sound sigs than Etymotics and Sony.

In general a good wired phone properly driven will almost always be able to produce better sq than a tws, but that is to me not the point of a tws

Nov 29, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #1,828 of 2,999
Definitely don't 'clean the drivers', but you can clean the nozzle, hich is what I think you mean. Isopropyl alcohol and qtips should be fine for that.
Yes thats what I ment sorry, the nozzles.... But looking from pictures they look they have a soft grill covering the tops, so can't use anything rough like a tooth brush to remove earwax and dirt because the soft grill will get damage? The reason for these questions is because a family member have bought me the sony's for xmas:sunglasses:
Image1.jpg

With my melomania's they can withstand quite rough cleaning, as the have metal grills.
Cambridge-Audio-Melomania-1_10.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #1,830 of 2,999
Yes thats what I ment sorry, the nozzles.... But looking from pictures they look they have a soft grill covering the tops, so can't use anything rough like a tooth brush to remove earwax and dirt because the soft grill will get damage? The reason for these questions is because a family member have bought me the sony's for xmas:sunglasses:
Image1.jpg

With my melomania's they can withstand quite rough cleaning, as the have metal grills.
Cambridge-Audio-Melomania-1_10.jpg
Which tips are they on the Sony's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back