Sony Walkman NWZ A845 , A847 Service Menu access.
Aug 23, 2010 at 6:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

paulypaul

500+ Head-Fier
Found this when i was browsing online at avforums.
Could be useful for those with A845 and probably those with A847.
Id be interested to know if DAC settings can be adjusted in this menu and also if this code will work on the S545 or S544.

Nov 25, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #2 of 20

Quote:
Found this when i was browsing online at avforums.
Could be useful for those with A845 and probably those with A847.
Id be interested to know if DAC settings can be adjusted in this menu and also if this code will work on the S545 or S544.

Hi Thanks i have tried this i purchased sony NWZ-A847 64gb Mp3 Player (English Model) I noticed the volume is shyt i managed to get into test mode but like others on avforums have stated you can't turn the volume limiter off, will there ever be a fix for this I'm maybe considering selling it? I dont fancy downloading japenese firmware as i don't know japanese language so dont wanna fook it up. This has put me off future sony products. I have a Sony NWZ-A829 and its louder than the NWZ-A847 both english models yet the A829 volume is acceptable but bought the A847 for bigger storage wish i never bought it now this sucks Sony!

Nov 25, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #3 of 20
The only fix for the EU volume restriction is to buy a non-EU Walkman. That's it, since Sony locked it down now.

Nov 25, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #4 of 20
Yes it really sucks that everything "Sony" going to the EU is volume capped and even accessing the service menu (if it is possible) does not allow the volume too be uncapped or the DAC to be fiddled with (unlike the A82- & A72- series).
Cowon has got around this by having a region setting.
Sony has shot itself in the foot by policing the volume cap in this manner (at least in the EU anyway).

Nov 25, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #5 of 20
Well, at least the EU get the 32gb & 64gb A Series,...we get BUTT!!!
frown.gif

Nov 25, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #6 of 20
I bought it from Advanced MP3 Players - the MP3 player experts
For £299 seems a good price for 64gb & hopefully i have solved the volume issue by buying an fiio E5 portable headphone amplifier for £14.75 on ebay it boosts volume and helps preserve mp3 battery power by using its own rechargeable battery.

It's very portable everyone who bought it and i think it is 133buyers all gave excellent feedback

just type ebay Item number: 360296162564 into ebay search bar.

I Reckon i solved the volume issue after reading the reviews i would say it should now be ok read the full review below

FiiO E5 Headphone Amplifier review - MP3 reviews - TrustedReviews

Wow just checked the Fiio-E5 out on youtube & it's alot smaller than i thought.

Nov 25, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #7 of 20
You shouldn't HAVE to buy an amp to fix the low volume issue, you should buy the amp because you WANT to. And this is why the EU volume restriction is crap!!!

Nov 26, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #8 of 20

Quote:
You shouldn't HAVE to buy an amp to fix the low volume issue, you should buy the amp because you WANT to. And this is why the EU volume restriction is crap!!!

Yeah i agree it is crap but i guess some laws are an ass and make as much sense as dame edna's fat arse lol, my only alternative was to sell it and despite its low volume its a good product but if it had more volume the battery would run down quicker so for me to use an headphone amp makes sense as its tiny and will preserve the battery power of the mp3 player which is a good thing.

Nov 27, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #10 of 20

Quote:
Is it that bad? I'm questioning on whether I should get it anymore. I'll only be using them to power iems but I do listen to music fairly loud

The volume limit is'nt too bad altho sometimes you need a little extra so i bought the fiio E5 headphone amplifier and its only 1.5 inches by 1.5 inches in size and gives me that extra volume i need without any distortion so i am really pleased with the fiio E5 and recommend it!

Nov 27, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #12 of 20
Thinking of buying either a 16gb sony A series with a fiio e5 amp for £130 or an 8gb cowon J3 without the amp for £140. How bad is the volume with a fiio e5? I know that the build quality of the cowon is no where near as good as the walkman but the sound quality is apparently just as good and LOUDER :) . So which one would you get? Thanks

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #13 of 20
TBH I'd really love a 64gb A Series myself,...I really miss the Sony SQ. I prefer Sony to Apple, Samsung, Cowon, and ALL the rest.

Nov 28, 2010 at 5:23 AM Post #15 of 20

Quote:
Thinking of buying either a 16gb sony A series with a fiio e5 amp for £130 or an 8gb cowon J3 without the amp for £140. How bad is the volume with a fiio e5? I know that the build quality of the cowon is no where near as good as the walkman but the sound quality is apparently just as good and LOUDER :) . So which one would you get? Thanks

You asked how bad is the volume with a fiio E5 Amp,Well it's really loud makes all the difference using the Fiio E5 and i was that impressed i just purchased the Fiio E7 mainly because the Fiio E7 lithium inbuilt battery when charged last around 80hours compared to the fiio E5 lasts around 20hours, I'm very happy with my Sony walkman NWZ-A847 64gb Mp3 Player now and using a headphone amp helps the charge on the mp3 player lasts alot longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back