Sony v6 for Shure e2?
Aug 12, 2004 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

itch

New Head-Fier
I'm off to university this year
biggrin.gif
and I would like a pair of headphones/earbuds to go with my iriver mp3 player. I'm really happy with the sound of my Sony V6 (it is my first pair so I have nothing to compare them to...) but I use them indoors most of the time since I don't feel comfortable walking around in public with a large pair of headphones on. I have been reading around about the Shure e2 and I was wondering if anyone can compare these against the v6. I think that the e2 will be more convenient for me to carry around for sure. I am also questioning the durability of the e2 since the wire to my previous earbuds snapped off after a few months of use
mad.gif
. BTW, I mainly listen to pop, and eurobeat if that helps. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Aug 12, 2004 at 8:40 PM Post #2 of 6
The E2 cable is quite thick -- much thicker than the usual earbud cording. They are also reinforced near the point they meet the earbud.

Aug 12, 2004 at 8:46 PM Post #3 of 6
I've only heard the V6 briefly, but the biggest difference is the trebles. The E2's trebles are rather recessed. Either way, the E2 is a great portable headphone and is very musical. You should be able to get it down in the $60 range if you shop for price. I negotiated mine down to $55 at Guitar Center, but not everybody seems to be able to get that price. Good luck and welcome to Head-Fi.

Aug 13, 2004 at 4:30 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
I negotiated mine down to $55 at Guitar Center, but not everybody seems to be able to get that price. Good luck and welcome to Head-Fi.

I think they only give that price to people with a smile like yours
etysmile.gif

Aug 13, 2004 at 4:34 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by itch
Thanks for the tips. What is the difference between the foam and flex sleeves? How long do they usually last?

The flex sleeves are made of a soft, flexible plastic. They are very comfortable (at least they are with my E3s) assuming you can get a good fit and should last quite a while. The foam sleeves (are these even available for the E2s?) are made of a soft sponge-like material. The idea is that you compress the material in your fingers before sticking them in your ear. You press them into your ear for about 10 seconds and they expand to fill the space. It also works quite well and is very comfortable. They are meant to be disposable. You throw them out when they get dirty. Shure sells replacement sleeves at its web site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back