Sony to make last MiniDisc stereo system in March
Apr 24, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:
Still going strong here with optical recording (SP mode) and plenty of recorders and players to last me 2 lifetimes.
gs1000.gif

The minidisc does seem to have a real smooth sound. I could never like the iPods, no matter how much I tried.

DRM killed MD more than anything else. The latter gen Hi-MD units with digital amps are the bomb and few can match up to the Auvi units.

While we are on the subject. Does anyone have a source for cheap blank disks? 

Listening to Love over Gold pulled from my AudioMecca Creatura CD Player way back when. It's awesome.

Apr 24, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:
While we are on the subject. Does anyone have a source for cheap blank disks? 

Listening to Love over Gold pulled from my AudioMecca Creatura CD Player way back when. It's awesome.

I got heaps mate and willing to give you 50 used but in great shape discs for the cost of postage only.

PM me if you,re interested,

May 20, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #19 of 23
minidiscs were very popular in music schools all over the world.  they offered greater quality and smaller size than cassette tapes, and of course offered random access.  

still though, I wish flash recorders were around when I was in school.  I went through 3 minidisc recorders.  Naturally they had alot of moving parts, and naturally my equipment was used rather harshly.  

Sep 17, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #22 of 23
i have a sony home deck that i use for my A/D which feeds into my Arcam amp. I still have my portable player and 100's of discs but, like many others, i use another source nowadays namely a creative zen. Still i cant bear to throw away all my old gear so it's going to be around for a while yet :)

Sep 17, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #23 of 23
  minidiscs were very popular in music schools all over the world.  they offered greater quality and smaller size than cassette tapes, and of course offered random access.  

still though, I wish flash recorders were around when I was in school.  I went through 3 minidisc recorders.  Naturally they had alot of moving parts, and naturally my equipment was used rather harshly.  

Right there with you, they were great for recording on the go before flash memory came around. I think I still have a stash of Minidiscs used for recorded ambient sounds from school.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back