Sony S745 vs S545
Apr 10, 2010 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

earthpeople

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm planning to sell my iPod touch and pick up one of these. Reason I'm not considering the X series is that it's touchscreen and I need something with tactile buttons now.
My options are also limited to Sony and Apple, because my car audio headunit will work for sure with these, I'm not sure what, if any, other brands will work. Mostly ruled out Apple, so the only players I'm really considering now are Sony.

I understand that the S745 is the better player overall, but I can't get it in the United States. I think getting one from Canada is the easiest and cheapest way for me. Either way, it's about $200 from what I have found.
The S545 on the other hand is readily available here and it costs just a bit over $100.

Mainly, would it be worth the extra ~$100 and some slight trouble to get the S745?

Thanks for any help and opinions!

Apr 10, 2010 at 6:33 AM Post #2 of 3
i dont like the sound signature of my S745, really far behind sony x1000, i think its not worth for extra $100 than S545
i dont have S545, but i think the different between these 2 is not big, its why i think its not worth

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #3 of 3
I just got my S545 on Thursday. The tactile aspect of it is not very good. The buttons are almost indistinguishable from each other. I am constantly pressing the wrong button, this may improve as I get used to it. Other than that, it's a typically great Sony DAP. If you're not in a rush you may want to watch the Sony Style Outlet, I got mine for $69.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back