Sony S639 - only in the UK?
Dec 10, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #32 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Don't know. I don't use WMP
2. No, star ratings are only used on their Atrac Walkmans...
3. Shamefully, no

Thanks for reply. Yet another Walkman lame duck for me!

When will Sony realise that integration with PC software is important to many. Star rating support is a must for me.

Dec 10, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #33 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif
VAT = weird tax for English people or something, and it doesn't apply to those outside the UK

I'm Welsh, and I still have to pay VAT
wink.gif

Jan 28, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #35 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by DunninLA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Detri -- when did Wales secede from the UK???

Detri was refering to "VAT weird tax for English people or something, and it doesn't apply to those outside the UK"

He's Welsh not English.

Many Welsh & Scots get classed as being English which they take exception to. We are British or from the United Kingdom which contains England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland just in case people din'nt know
icon10.gif

Calling a Welshman or Scotsman English is like a personal insult. Don't know why they don't like us. History does move on...............

Jan 28, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #36 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by psikey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Detri was refering to "VAT weird tax for English people or something, and it doesn't apply to those outside the UK"

He's Welsh not English.

Many Welsh & Scots get classed as being English which they take exception to. We are British or from the United Kingdom which contains England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland just in case people din'nt know
icon10.gif

Calling a Welshman or Scotsman English is like a personal insult. Don't know why they don't like us. History does move on...............

I just found out that my Family is originally Scottish, and immigrated to England in the 1700's and Canada in the 1800/1900's. I always assumed they were English. Now I'm in OBamaland, but if the economy doesn't speed up I might go back to Canada. So I guess I've been insulting myself all these years calling my family English
icon10.gif

BOT, I use WMA for my S639, I'm going to see if I can transfer a playlist.

Jan 28, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #37 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just found out that my Family is originally Scottish, and immigrated to England in the 1700's and Canada in the 1800/1900's. I always assumed they were English. Now I'm in OBamaland, but if the economy doesn't speed up I might go back to Canada. So I guess I've been insulting myself all these years calling my family English
icon10.gif

If your family emigrated to England in the 1700s, the subsequent offspring would be English, so the folks who swam across the pond would have been English. Even today the English-born offspring of many Celts seem to think of themselves as Scottish or Welsh, but it's very hard persuading people you are Scottish (even - like a friend of mine - with a surname like Mennie) when you were born in Royal Leamington Spa (about as near the middle of England as it's possible to get) and raised in Cheltenham Spa
normal_smile .gif

Presumably, before your distant ancestors settled in Scotland, they were based some-where else and before that yet another place. How far back do you go? Perhaps we should all start calling ourselves Africans?

Jan 28, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If your family emigrated to England in the 1700s, the subsequent offspring would be English, so the folks who swam across the pond would have been English. Even today the English-born offspring of many Celts seem to think of themselves as Scottish or Welsh, but it's very hard persuading people you are Scottish (even - like a friend of mine - with a surname like Mennie) when you were born in Royal Leamington Spa (about as near the middle of England as it's possible to get) and raised in Cheltenham Spa
normal_smile .gif

Presumably, before your distant ancestors settled in Scotland, they were based some-where else and before that yet another place. How far back do you go? Perhaps we should all start calling ourselves Africans?

Good point!

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #39 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by psikey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

He's Welsh not English.

icon10.gif

its not that scots and welsh dislike english people its more that we/they get pissed off when people confuse them. just call people british then its fine as its correct but english and british are not interchangeable terms

btw other chap whos family was from scotland then england then canada. these things make you neither scotish nor english.

always anoys me when americans claim to be from x y or z becasue 2 or 3 hundred years ago a relative was from there. if you were born in american and your parents were too then you are an american, thats it, not irish american or scottish american or italian american etc etc

grrrrr rant over
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #40 of 41
haha. yeah, we do have a problem here with that. everyone is like chinese or irish or indian though they were born here and speak english or french with a canadian accent.

i consider myself canadian though i was not born here : 10 years old is way too small to really be swedish

edit, ive got an s636 red one for sale: just not my cup of tea

Jan 29, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its not that scots and welsh dislike english people its more that we/they get pissed off when people confuse them. just call people british then its fine as its correct but english and british are not interchangeable terms

btw other chap whos family was from scotland then england then canada. these things make you neither scotish nor english.

always anoys me when americans claim to be from x y or z becasue 2 or 3 hundred years ago a relative was from there. if you were born in american and your parents were too then you are an american, thats it, not irish american or scottish american or italian american etc etc

grrrrr rant over
bigsmile_face.gif

Well I wasn't born here in America, and have lived here a relatively short time. I'm an American now yes, but I have British ancestry. America is an geological area, nothing more. My father was born in the UK. and met my mom in Canada, where I was born. Only talking about ancestry, not Geological location. I still have immediate family in the UK. Anyways I'm happy they moved from Scotland
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back