Sony Portables
Sep 30, 2010 at 1:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jarrett

500+ Head-Fier
Are the Sony portable MP3 players still popular around here? I've been using my Sony S618 since Feb 2008. Are the newer models equal in sound quality? Is file support still pretty much limited to MP3, AAC, and WAV? Not thinking of upgrading, but I did notice a diminished presence of Sony topics.

Sep 30, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 4
I have a sony a818 that i've had since December 2007, in fact that is the last new mp3 player i've bought new, all the others were from ebay (I seem to collect sony dap's, I have seven at the moment). The old a-series is by far my favourite of all the players i've had over the years, it's tiny, sounds good, is built very well and is easy to use. Apart from there being nothing wrong with my player the other thing stopping me getting a newer one is price. The a818 was the flagship of sony's range just released when I got it and i'm positive it wasn't as expensive/hard to get hold of as the current batch of sony's. I've got better places to put that kind of money when it does nothing new. I'm sure the new one's will sound just as good if not better but you're not alone in keeping a dap for a long time. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back