Sony NWZ-S61XF + AMP = > Anyone tried?
Dec 17, 2007 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Groomz

New Head-Fier
I tested my Westone UM2 with the Sony NWZ-S616F, and compared to a IPOD (2 gen, 40gb), the difference was big!.....Much better Bass + overall sound quality. And there was very little hiss...

But, would adding an amp from "headphone out" improve the sound? I have a tube amplifier at home, and would like the "warn" sound on my portable audio rig also!.

This is not a general question, because i know that "headphone out"s vary from DAP to DAP. So im wondering if anyone has tried an AMP with the SONY NWZ-X player, and if it did affekt/improve the sound in a significant way?

(...read all the post that "line out" is the best option, but also read the post that says, that alot of the "line out`s" often does not have highter quality, that they just bypass the volum control
wink.gif

Dec 17, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #2 of 5
I have tried my NWZ-S618F with my iBasso P2. It sounds superb! IMO, the NWZ players are one of the sleepers in the DAP market. Sonys menus and DSP algorithms are better than any others I have tried.

Now that music can be transferred by drag and drop instead of Sonys rather poor software, their players should become much more popular.

My ONLY complaint is that I wish they would have used a standard USB cord rather than their proprietary one.

It sounds as good thru the headphone out into my amp as most devices do thru their line out.

I am also very impressed with the ability of this player to power even my very inefficient phones (Senn. HD650, Yuin PK1) to a comfortable level with much left on the volume control.

Dec 17, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have tried my NWZ-S618F with my iBasso P2. It sounds superb! IMO, the NWZ players are one of the sleepers in the DAP market. Sonys menus and DSP algorithms are better than any others I have tried.

Now that music can be transferred by drag and drop instead of Sonys rather poor software, their players should become much more popular.

My ONLY complaint is that I wish they would have used a standard USB cord rather than their proprietary one.

It sounds as good thru the headphone out into my amp as most devices do thru their line out.

I am also very impressed with the ability of this player to power even my very inefficient phones (Senn. HD650, Yuin PK1) to a comfortable level with much left on the volume control.

I second to HiFlight my A808 makes my Xenos X3HA performs well now I'm using my P2 stock amp and i cant imagine how it will sounds after i rolled the opamp. Ill let you know when i received my Hornet.

I wish also that sony should utilize usb instead of their own connection.

Dec 18, 2007 at 11:09 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Groomz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did the amps affekt the hiss in any way?

(there was just a slightly hissing sound, no big deal)....

Most amps will take the hiss away from your DAP.
IMO the Sony NWZ will take more advantage from the amp than other high-output DAP, like the ones from Cowon. I can hear little difference when pairing my Cowon D2 with an amp. I'm about thinking of getting the A810 and pair it with the P2. Hope both of them will shine
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back