Sony NWZ-A845 EQ Settings?
Jul 8, 2011 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

uhhuhh

New Head-Fier
Hi there!

I've been reading and visiting the Head-Fi forums for ages now, but I decided that it was time for me to finally join the forums! :)

So, I just got the Sony NWZ-A845 Walkman and I would like to ask you if you could recommend EQ, VPT, DSEE, Clear Stereo and Dynamic Normalizer settings since I'm having a difficult time finding the perfect settings. If it's worth mentioning, I use the Ultimate Ears 700 with the Walkman.

Thanks in advance!

/uhhuhh

P.S - I'm from Sweden, so I would like to apologize if my english isn't proper, hard to understand, misspelled, and so on.

Jul 9, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #3 of 7
If I recall this model has 2 custom memory spots which is great for setting one for IEMs and the other for full size cans. I don't use the one button enhancments but do set the eq to what I like.....just play around with the custom eq till you get what you like.Not all recordings follow the same formula so they will sound different.

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #4 of 7
This is the way I have my Walkman (728) set up:

Clear Stereo, Dynamic Equalizer, DSEE, EQ: Yes
VPT: No

EQ: Clear Bass (2); everything else in a "V-shaped" arrangement.

Sometimes VPT (Matrix setting) is very useful, especially when I am playing a podcast or downloaded radio interview. 

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for your answers! I really appreciate it, and they were extremely helpful! Now I have two "perfect" settings that I use. One with a flat EQ, all audio enhancements off, and Clear Bass on 3, and one similar to JCS's. :)

They both sound amazing with my UE 700's depending on what kind of music i listen to, so thanks alot for the tips! :)

/uhhuhh

Jul 11, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #6 of 7
"Perfect" in for your ear to decide -- experiment.

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #7 of 7
I have a Sony S739 and this is the settings I use with my IE8

DSEE - On
Clear Stereo - On
Dynamic Normalizer - On

EQ

Clear Bass 2, somtimes at 1.
I only tweak the treble 16kHz - +2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back