Sony NWZ-A818 owners
Jan 7, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #33 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by gastro54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As long as you can see the album art in the bottom left of the MM window for your songs, MediaMonkey will sync it correctly with the A818

Thanks

Jan 8, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #35 of 41
i have a creative zen 16gb bought it and like one week later 32 announced. Really need the space though. If sony releases a 32gb version i will pre order the thing
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #36 of 41
Just got my A818 today. Liking it a lot so far. Not as feature rich as my Samsung YP-T9 but pretty good. The build quality is really nice though as is the screen. Good job finally Sony.

Jan 13, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #37 of 41
For those using MediaMonkey, how do you put videos on the device?

My music is synced using MediaMonkey, but I tried to drag and drop a (as far as I can tell compatible) video file in the VIDEO directory (where the Spiderman 3 trailer is) it just doesn't appear. I figured it was because Mediamonkey was controlling the sync.

Any way around this? Does mediamonkey have a video option? I couldn't see any after a quick look through the menus.

Jan 13, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #39 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by chongy5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those using MediaMonkey, how do you put videos on the device?

My music is synced using MediaMonkey, but I tried to drag and drop a (as far as I can tell compatible) video file in the VIDEO directory (where the Spiderman 3 trailer is) it just doesn't appear. I figured it was because Mediamonkey was controlling the sync.

Any way around this? Does mediamonkey have a video option? I couldn't see any after a quick look through the menus.

I use MediaMonkey to sync music. I don't use videos on my Sony in general, but I did toss a few on there just to test it. For those, I just did drag and drop in Windows. My guess is that your video files were not really compatible. I converted mine with the free (somewhat stripped-down) version of AnyVideoConverter to mp4, and they worked.

Jan 13, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #40 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by grommal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My guess is that your video files were not really compatible.

Yeah that's what I'm still thinking, but I just figured that even if they weren't compatible they would still show up on the video library list, and then if I played them from there they would THEN fail.

What settings did you use? Do you think the fact that I used 25fps rather then 29.97fps have any difference.....

Jan 13, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by chongy5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah that's what I'm still thinking, but I just figured that even if they weren't compatible they would still show up on the video library list, and then if I played them from there they would THEN fail.

What settings did you use? Do you think the fact that I used 25fps rather then 29.97fps have any difference.....

Not sure. I do know that I played around with different settings on video size and framerate, and they all worked, but I don't remember exactly which settings I tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back