Sony NWZ-A728 vs. Samsung YP-S5
Apr 25, 2012 at 12:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DeathDomokun

100+ Head-Fier
As the title says, I'm tossing up between buying one of these two DAP's since my Clip+ and now my Clip Zip are no longer working. My main concern is SQ, as both have long enough battery lives.
I'm not going to be using video or bluetooth or any other ********.
Can anyone comment on these?

Apr 25, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #2 of 3
these 2 are very old product, i prefer Samsung S5 over Sony A720 series , S5 has very big power output too , i still remember i dont need to max my volume when using Beyer dt770 250ohm.
for Sony A720 series... its not bad, just i dont like the harsh of treble , some people did custom-setting the firmware menu 

out of sound quality, i prefer sony A720, i dont like touch-button of S5

Apr 25, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #3 of 3
I own both Clip+ and NWZ-A728.

The Sony has much better separation with a more defined bass. The bass on the Sony is very detailed / layered leaving the Clip+ a little behind in such areas. It also has a tendency to sparkle more than the Clip+. The bass isn't overpowering unless you want it to be by using the bass booster levels in Custom EQ. Custom EQ is very good at correcting any issues for highs and mids, the settings offer something for everyone. Overall it is the better player SQ wise offering a professional approach, remembering the volume cap on the Walkman is pretty strict, anything over 25 / 30 you don't hear any difference. It also has a lower power output than the Clip+

Personally I enjoy them both for different IEM's. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back