Sony NWZ-A15 vs FiiO X1
Jun 17, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #226 of 245
Hello. I am trying to decide what to buy too..NWZ-A15 or Fiio X1. I am using Sennhiser IE8 .. so do anyone used IE8 by any chanse with any of these players ? I know that players sounds different with different IEMs.. and if anyone have any info I will be thankful.

Jun 17, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #227 of 245
Hello. I am trying to decide what to buy too..NWZ-A15 or Fiio X1. I am using Sennhiser IE8 .. so do anyone used IE8 by any chanse with any of these players ? I know that players sounds different with different IEMs.. and if anyone have any info I will be thankful.

can not comment on IE8 sound as i didn't try it ... but according to my experience A-15 sounds better than my Fiio x3  .... in terms of software - usability - form factor - sound enhancements - battery life the walkman wins hands down 

Jun 18, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #229 of 245
on the sony you may perceive some background hiss when there is no music playing and you're in a quiet place. else I suggest to care about factors outside of sound when making you choice for the IE8(size battery UI, proprietary cable....), as power, impedance variations etc aren't really an issue on this IEM(meaning differences in sound from those parameters will be small or non existent).

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #231 of 245
Little late for the answer, but maybe still usefull: Just bought an NW-A25HN and has this terrible background hiss. It's overrated, althought any review say it's great value I'm an unhappy buyer, and I can relat exactly with the issues you commented. Not worth lo load with Hi-Res music, cause it sounds like mp3. A good mp3, but still... 

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #233 of 245
I had a itouch 2g as my main dap , i decided to buy the nwz15 after reading reviews , but it sounded less superior to my ipod. Is it really like this or is it me?

And it was not in lineout mode

hmmmmm .... may be you got accustomed to the ipod's sound signature as both are different from each others ... let the walkman play for more than 100 hours and let your brain to adapt on the new sound ... if this didn't work for you you can always sell it and get a 5th gen. touch .

BTW what headphone you are using ?

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #234 of 245

I had a itouch 2g as my main dap , i decided to buy the nwz15 after reading reviews , but it sounded less superior to my ipod. Is it really like this or is it me?

And it was not in lineout mode

hmmmmm .... may be you got accustomed to the ipod's sound signature as both are different from each others ... let the walkman play for more than 100 hours and let your brain to adapt on the new sound ... if this didn't work for you you can always sell it and get a 5th gen. touch .

Also disable Clear Audio+

Nov 11, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #235 of 245

I already sold the device which makes me sad now, and i was using a akg y50 (budget,you know)

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #238 of 245
With some equalizing you can add a great deal of bass in the sound of A15 as well, especially by experimenting with ClearBass feature.

Yep, anyways i returned the device already.But i will buy a secondhand ipod classic 7g i guess (apple's signature is for me) and 160 gb free space.If my old ipod touch had more gbs i would've kept it.And i dont like eq, i like the natural sound.

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #239 of 245
Yep, anyways i returned the device already.But i will buy a secondhand ipod classic 7g i guess (apple's signature is for me) and 160 gb free space.If my old ipod touch had more gbs i would've kept it.And i dont like eq, i like the natural sound.

Fair enough, I have to admit however that after successfully experimenting with the equalizing feature of the A15 I can't even listen to my music without equalizing any more! It simply sounds much more lively and powerfull after the equalizing. Does ipod classic 7g support FLAC files?

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #240 of 245
Fair enough, I have to admit however that after successfully experimenting with the equalizing feature of the A15 I can't even listen to my music without equalizing any more! It simply sounds much more lively and powerfull after the equalizing. Does ipod classic 7g support FLAC files?

I will use alac(apple losless audio codec) they are the same stuff but you know, apple... I used to use the equalizer because i had bass lacking headphones but i dont use eq now. (always used a bass-treble eq)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back