SONY NW-ZX700
Apr 27, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #1,712 of 2,677
1682620433510.jpeg

Apr 28, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #1,715 of 2,677
I finally moved to balanced :D

Couldn't get new IEMs now as I have some other big spendings. But I just upgraded the cable of my cheap Fiio IEMs to a Linsoul balanced 2 pin.

Another world. Now I want other IEMs but I'll have to wait until July at least :laughing:

Apr 28, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #1,716 of 2,677
Well, you get what you pay for. The Dignis case is very well made (no surprise there). The button dots are missing but the feel of the buttons when pressed is very satisfying.

Wish I got this directly instead of the official case.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #1,717 of 2,677
Well, you get what you pay for. The Dignis case is very well made (no surprise there). The button dots are missing but the feel of the buttons when pressed is very satisfying.

Wish I got this directly instead of the official case.
Is it really that much better than the official one? I saw the prices and it does seem expensive, can you post some pictures I would love to see what it looks like on your ZX707.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #1,721 of 2,677
The little contrast inlay is a nice touch. I was half expecting it to be plastic, but it's a leather tab they glued in. The stamping of the controls is nicely done. The official case is maybe $35 cheaper? The leather is not even close to the Dignis case in quality. The official case also has a plastic bar over the controls that adds width. The main issue for me is the flap doesn't fold back in a manner that makes the player easy to hold and use. Some people have reported the flap tearing and mine was showing stress from folding back. I have a screen protector on.

I have about 600hrs into leather crafting, so well off the 10,000 hrs to gain a level of mastery. But I am competent enough to think twice about paying for leather goods. This one is well made, and well worth the money. Factor in the quality of leather and the amount of tooling and manual labour needed to make these, the price is very reasonable. I use Conceria Walpier leather as well and it's retail US$21 per sq. ft. Plus, I love sniffing high quality veg tan. The official case's leather may as well be plastic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back