SONY NW-ZX700
Apr 6, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #1,501 of 2,677
Try deleting Tidal and re-installing, you may need to download all your files again though :frowning2: Tidal downloads work for me (albeit slowly)
Yes, I already did this more than 10 times with diffrent sd cards, newest beta and older version from apkmirror. Tried not not restore the content at once but album by album always with the same outcome. If I step beyond a limit of files <2.000 / <100GB the app crashes, freeze and is completely unusable.

Apr 6, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #1,504 of 2,677
You will loose all the favorite tracks albums but might be worth a try. Have you dropped tidal a message?
Yes, I deleted the cache, reformated the sd card, resetted the whole device several times
Tidal support told me to re-install and to delete the cache and then that they are investingating the issue. But not sure if there is happening something.....
Would be interresting if there is somebody with a downloaded library and working offline use with more than 2.000 or even 3.000 titles. Shouldn´t be a problem.......

Apr 6, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #1,506 of 2,677
Sony High-Res streaming (ON) upscales everything to 24/192. Could that be why it’s showing that ?
Don't think so since this is what Sony states about it's use with wireless streaming:

"These Walkman players support High-Resolution playback over a wireless connection with devices that support LDAC. To play audio in High-Resolution format, check the following settings and connection:

• Open the Settings menu, select Sound, and then set Use High-Res streaming to ON.
  • To enjoy music with better sound quality, we recommend using a wired connection."
I am using wired connection not wireless and only some tracks in Amazon Music Ultra HD Albums are sourced at 24/192 the rest of the tracks are not upscaled.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #1,508 of 2,677
i am wondering is high gain set limited to some countries only
The High Gain Function has indeed been removed in a lot of countries now, that is why a lot of us had to import our ZX707 from Japan. Earlier in the thread someone posted a list of all the country’s that they found that have been Capped.

Apr 6, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #1,510 of 2,677
It was me before, doing the homework since I was interested in getting ZX707 before

Here the recap so far :

EU/UK version : NO high gain
US version : NO high gain
Japan version : High gain
Singapore version : NO high gain
Malaysian version : High gain
Hong Kong version : High gain
Canada version : NO high gain
India version : High gain
Australian version : High gain
Philippines version : High gain

Apr 8, 2023 at 6:02 AM Post #1,512 of 2,677
1.jpg

2.jpg

I did a little side-by-side comparison as of the firmware discussions (using M9 with Sony Kimber, same EQ setup). To my ears, I dont here any change in the bass, sub-bass, or what so ever. What I hear thou is a slightly brighter sound in the new firmware, making the factory one sound dull and therefore maybe some hear the slam better. I think, overall, the new one sounds slightly better.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #1,513 of 2,677
1.jpg

2.jpg

I did a little side-by-side comparison as of the firmware discussions (using M9 with Sony Kimber, same EQ setup). To my ears, I dont here any change in the bass, sub-bass, or what so ever. What I hear thou is a slightly brighter sound in the new firmware, making the factory one sound dull and therefore maybe some hear the slam better. I think, overall, the new one sounds slightly better.
You are using the Walkman Music Player. People who reported differences were using streaming, like Apple Music.

Apr 8, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #1,515 of 2,677
1.jpg

2.jpg

Yes, that's also what I am thinking, this is the main difference of the sound signature between the new and old firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back