SONY NW-ZX700
Feb 19, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #871 of 2,677
Out of the box, installed Apple Music, Low Gain, High-Res streaming off, Direct mode, nothing disabled :)

I will disable all the crap now and see how much I get with High-Res streaming On !
Hi, I would like to ask few question regarding to ZX707:

1. How was the Back of the Device feel? It is a Leather finish or a Matt finish Back?
  2. In DAC mode connecting to your PC, when you watching video would you able to notice obvious Sound Delay? have you try to use the DAC mode in gaming and would you able to notice any obvious Sound Delay?
  3. In DAC mode connecting to your PC, can you able to configure the Equalizer or All Other Sound Setting?
  4. Does this DAC mode only support PC window? or you could connect to Android Phone and enjoy the DAC feature too?
Would really appreciate it you can clarify my uncertainty and share with me your experience on the device, Thank you.

Feb 19, 2023 at 8:25 PM Post #872 of 2,677
Hi, I would like to ask few question regarding to ZX707:

1. How was the Back of the Device feel? It is a Leather finish or a Matt finish Back?
  2. In DAC mode connecting to your PC, when you watching video would you able to notice obvious Sound Delay? have you try to use the DAC mode in gaming and would you able to notice any obvious Sound Delay?
  3. In DAC mode connecting to your PC, can you able to configure the Equalizer or All Other Sound Setting?
  4. Does this DAC mode only support PC window? or you could connect to Android Phone and enjoy the DAC feature too?
Would really appreciate it you can clarify my uncertainty and share with me your experience on the device, Thank you.
1. It is Matt finish
2,3,4. You can use it in DAC mode connected to PC or Phone, both works. But in DAC mode it’s only suitable for music. Latency is quite high so it’s not suitable for videos/gaming and this is the same for any other DAPs. For this you buy a DAC/AMP. This is written also in the Sony manual.
3. You can do EQ on PC. On the Zx707, everything is disabled in DAC mode.

For anyone else who has this question because I answered it so many times now - A DAP is a Digital Audio Player, meant for playing audio only. For anything else, please buy a DAC/AMP.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #873 of 2,677
1. It is Matt finish
2,3,4. You can use it in DAC mode connected to PC or Phone, both works. But in DAC mode it’s only suitable for music. Latency is quite high so it’s not suitable for videos/gaming and this is the same for any other DAPs. For this you buy a DAC/AMP. This is written also in the Sony manual.

For anyone else who has this question because I answered it so many times now - A DAP is a Digital Audio Player, meant for playing audio only. For anything else, please buy a DAC/AMP.
Are you able to configure the Sound Setting while in DAC mode? Like changing the Equalizer Setting

Feb 19, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #875 of 2,677
1. It is Matt finish

Because sometimes I may watching Hip Hop Live show in Youtube, so I may wanted to use the DAC Mode watching youtube with bigger PC screen while listen to the best quality audio possible, do you think the delay would really that bad?

Feb 19, 2023 at 8:31 PM Post #876 of 2,677
Because sometimes I may watching Hip Hop Live show in Youtube, so I may wanted to use the DAC Mode watching youtube with bigger PC screen while listen to the best quality audio possible, do you think the delay would really that bad?
Yes it is quite bad. I also have other Android DAPs. Same there.
Like I said, you can buy a good DAC/AMP for this for much higher quality than the DAP and much cheaper too.

Feb 19, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #878 of 2,677
I heard that the new nw-zx707 has excellent battery life (esp when compared to bad battery life of nw-507 with only 1500mah battery), but is it due to smallest die for this snapdragon powered walkman? or bigger battery as the zx707 is similar size to nw-wm1am2 now, but significantly thinner, presumably, bigger chassis for bigger battery, but how big? 2800mah?

Feb 20, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #879 of 2,677
I heard that the new nw-zx707 has excellent battery life (esp when compared to bad battery life of nw-507 with only 1500mah battery), but is it due to smallest die for this snapdragon powered walkman? or bigger battery as the zx707 is similar size to nw-wm1am2 now, but significantly thinner, presumably, bigger chassis for bigger battery, but how big? 2800mah?
I read battery same size this gen as last, battery gains from more efficient SOC and OS.

Feb 20, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #880 of 2,677
I haven’t tried the EQ but DC phase linearizer and vinyl processor work while on DAC mode.

Feb 20, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #882 of 2,677
Can please try out the EQ on DAC mode? because I am interested to use the "Excited" equalizer from the Walkman Software, i haven't bought the DAC because that is my only concern.
Just tried and the EQ works while on DAC mode. I don’t see any presets however, it’s just a plain 10 band EQ.

Feb 20, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #883 of 2,677
Just tried and the EQ works while on DAC mode. I don’t see any presets however, it’s just a plain 10 band EQ.
What do you mean by plain 10 band EQ? does it mean you can simply adjust the EQ but cannot choose the Pre-set EQ like Excited others? I think it is still possible to set the EQ exactly the same as "Excited" Pre-Set EQ right?

Feb 20, 2023 at 7:08 AM Post #884 of 2,677
What do you mean by plain 10 band EQ? does it mean you can simply adjust the EQ but cannot choose the Pre-set EQ like Excited others? I think it is still possible to set the EQ exactly the same as "Excited" Pre-Set EQ right?
Like I said I haven’t seen any presets on the UI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back